• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

Stapel

International Regular
this pitch is not bowling friendly at all really. Its just a regular pitch.

First test was bowler friendly.
I still think the first Test's pitch wasn't so bowler friendly, it justified 700 runs for 40 wickets.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow what a day for India, loved Faf getting out for another duck, was acting way to cheeky before the series making all sorts of excuses.

I hope Dhawan goes beserk tomorrow after playing out the first 20 mins or so. Really going to need someone to score fast since the rain is a huge threat and India have to try their best to get a result.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Felt they showed it on day 3 of the last test with the ball. India looked like they were going to set them 300+

Obviously they batted like dumb ****s but I think this isn't lack of effort or belief. I think they're just being outplayed by a better team in these conditions.
Dont get me wrong, we are being outplayed, but in the first test india won the mind games by a mile, during the fourth innings we went out like we already lost, it was because of the pressure created throughout the match by the indian spinners... In general terms we should not have given some of those wickets away so easily... Even in those conditions.

Gob

International Coach
Got to say i've gone complete 180 re AB. For so long i used to hate him call him a down hill skier (with good reasons) etc etc but can't do it any more. Skill wise, DeVilliers atm is the most talented batsman i've seen. For very long it has been Tendulkar of 98 but think DeVilliers has surpassed him now

That being said, if he retires today he won't even make my top 20 batters and i'd probably put KP ahead of him. When all things said and done, you should be rated based on what you achieved and even with a pretty good record he should achieve more. For starters he could do with some memorable 100's. Apart from that Perth ton back in 08 i really cant think of a ton that really stands out like Clarke's 151 or KP's Mumbai knock. He's still got time though and i hope he'll play few of them cos now i'm well and truly a fan of him (current favorite batsman to watch along with Smith)

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Got to say i've gone complete 180 re AB. For so long i used to hate him call him a down hill skier (with good reasons) etc etc but can't do it any more. Skill wise, DeVilliers atm is the most talented batsman i've seen. For very long it has been Tendulkar of 98 but think DeVilliers has surpassed him now

That being said, if he retires today he won't even make my top 20 batters and i'd probably put KP ahead of him. When all things said and done, you should be rated based on what you achieved and even with a pretty good record he should achieve more. For starters he could do with some memorable 100's. Apart from that Perth ton back in 08 i really cant think of a ton that really stands out like Clarke's 151 or KP's Mumbai knock. He's still got time though and i hope he'll play few of them cos now i'm well and truly a fan of him (current favorite batsman to watch along with Smith)
Haven't been looking properly.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
His ton vs India in that partnership with Faf at Joburg was pretty awesome. But yeah, apart from those I can't think of any other really great ones.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
It was 30 off 220 balls ftr. His 90 v Aus at Centurion was epic, probably my fave. Johannesburg v Aus 2009 as well.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Legitimate point about ABdV - although he can't help that he's spent most of his career batting behind Smith, Alla and Kallis, nor that he shares a dressing room with the best bowler of his generation.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Don't know what you mean by skill, but technique and temperament-wise Kane Williamson is the most complete batsman in world cricket today - more complete than AB, Smith or anyone else probably since Tendulkar's retirement. I can understand why AB (and the likes of Kohli) will have more fan-following than Kane though.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
AB has the same temperament and appears he couldn't give two ****s about being orthodox which is working so it's fine. very different batsmen, and you mention smith too who is different again. three different ways to be unfair on bowlers.

Flem274*

123/5
Legitimate point about ABdV - although he can't help that he's spent most of his career batting behind Smith, Alla and Kallis, nor that he shares a dressing room with the best bowler of his generation.
20 minutes between double posts has to be some kind of record?