• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Excellent knock from AB.

Excellent catch from Saha. Not sure what to make of this guy. Takes some brilliant catches/stumpings at times but then drops a few as well.
That's the sort of thing that screams 'natural athleticisim but poor technique', but Prasanna Jayawardene who wicket keeping purists always tell me had a great technique (and who even I could see generally looked very tidy) was the same. I think some players just randomly choke on simple catches sometimes, irrespective of anything else.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Come back to find we still have taken no wickets and Tahir dropped a dolly...... not a good morning for SA cricket. Hoping for one wicket before the end of the day!

StephenZA

Well played India. Need a big day for SA tomorrow... Cant see who will give it to us but hope springs eternal.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks tough for SA to get back into this one from here.

More of a concern for them going into the future though will be the fact that their brilliant pace attack are getting older and missing matches. Might just be a bit of bad luck on this tour but there will no doubt be a coach and captain praying it is just a temporary blip and not something that will be repeated in the coming months/years.

OverratedSanity

Looks tough for SA to get back into this one from here.

More of a concern for them going into the future though will be the fact that their brilliant pace attack are getting older and missing matches. Might just be a bit of bad luck on this tour but there will no doubt be a coach and captain praying it is just a temporary blip and not something that will be repeated in the coming months/years.
Nah you're right the injuries are definitely concerning. Steyn has been injured way too often in the last two years and philander and morkel never go long without picking up a knock.

Rabada's a find though.

flibbertyjibber

Nah you're right the injuries are definitely concerning. Steyn has been injured way too often in the last two years and philander and morkel never go long without picking up a knock.

Rabada's a find though.
Yeah Rabada is a find and Abbot is no duffer too so they will still put out a good pace attack but when the main men are all over 30 with dubious fitness records it may mean all of a sudden all of the experience vanishes quickly and they have to rebuild before they ever thought they would have to.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
The last few years we have managed to drag these kinds of games back and make a match out of it, but i have little confidence now. I also suspect most of the players are not confident in their batting either.

Jp "good for about 20 runs" duminy is back.

Daemon

The last few years we have managed to drag these kinds of games back and make a match out of it, but i have little confidence now. I also suspect most of the players are not confident in their batting either.

Jp "good for about 20 runs" duminy is back.
This applies to us as well, in the sense that we always drag the other team who's falling off the cliff back into it.

duffer

Anyone thinking of watching Cheeky Singles should not. It was the most cringe thing I've seen outside of WWE for a long time.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
This applies to us as well, in the sense that we always drag the other team who's falling off the cliff back into it.
I was specifically referring to the fact that we haven't lost an away test series in 9 years... There was always some sort of fight or belief... Its definitely not there anymore...

I hope i am wrong though. The way our top order failed in the second innings of the first test was a low point.