• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

indiaholic

International Captain
Kohli loves to chase even in test matches:

Ave of Kohli in 3rd inns of Tests before this match. His ave in 1st inn of Tests is only 27.72 whereas in 2nd and 4th inns he averages 72.16 and 60.81 respectively.

indiaholic

International Captain
Have to say Rabada has been magnificent this innings. Alarming how quickly he has worked out how to bowl on Indian pitches. Kid will be a monster in a few years.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pujara :wub:

Pity there isn't another session today, SA look lost and Pujara's looking completely at ease.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well played India. Going to take a massive effort to get out of this for SA.
I do feel that, as well as the Indian bowlers bowled, the SA batsmen made the pitch more difficult in their minds than it was. I still believe that this is not a 200 run wicket. When Elgar and Amla were batting after the first hour everything was calm and good. Elgar got himself out, imo, and when ABD got in, initially, a franticness to the game started that, for me, eventually resulted in Amla’s wicket and after that it was just a slide with the long tail. Hopefully (as a SA fan) SA can pull a rabbit out of the hat tomorrow…

Teja.

Global Moderator
Yeah, have a feeling the game will get closer but India's batting this innings so far will be the difference in the end.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, have a feeling the game will get closer but India's batting this innings so far will be the difference in the end.
Feel that SA had to get a 50+ run lead after the first innings having bowled India out for 200. SA 17 runs behind gave India confidence and they have played well to just drive home the advantage, somebody is going to have to do something special tomorrow to keep SA in this.

This is why Black Warrior had predicted 275-300. WAG
Don`t jump the gun... I still have 15 runs to play with on my prediction :)

Stapel

International Regular
Well played India. Going to take a massive effort to get out of this for SA.
I do feel that, as well as the Indian bowlers bowled, the SA batsmen made the pitch more difficult in their minds than it was. I still believe that this is not a 200 run wicket. When Elgar and Amla were batting after the first hour everything was calm and good. Elgar got himself out, imo, and when ABD got in, initially, a franticness to the game started that, for me, eventually resulted in Amla’s wicket and after that it was just a slide with the long tail. Hopefully (as a SA fan) SA can pull a rabbit out of the hat tomorrow…
I agree. IMHO, the idea this is a 200 run pitch is ludicrous.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea from what I saw on day 1 and 2, some balls are going to misbehave, but some are going to die after pitching and there generally isnt much pace, carry or movement.

Its very much a pitch that, it you bat well, you can score 300+ on, but that requires patience and shelving away the high risk shots.