• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

Shri

Mr. Glass
Saha. Only way the **** is going to get a stumping: by accident. Useless ****. **** off. Ashwin though!:wub:

cnerd123

likes this
AshWIN gonna rip apart this SA lower middle order now. We're basically into the tail already.

Look I agree with you. But Jadeja's a ****ing spinner, not a 145kph quick. Just get your foot behind the ****ing crease.
Nah look, bowling is all about rhythm. No bowler watches the crease as they run in. If he isn't called for bowling a no-ball the first time he does it, he's not going to realise his bowling mark hasn't been measured correctly. This applies to all bowlers no matter what their speed or style. If the umpires aren't going to call the first no-ball the bowler bowls, but wait until a wicket falls, then they're not doing their job and just ****ing over all bowlers in the process. It's ****ty umpiring and should be outlawed. Call a noball when it happens. If you miss it, then it's a legit ball even if the bowler is ****ing halfway down the pitch. Penalise the umpires not the bowlers.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jadeja's almost always toeing the line so this isn't really surprising.

I'm not watching atm but if it was indeed a no ball then I'm glad the right decision was made. About time we get some proper technology in this no ball business though.

Daemon

AshWIN gonna rip apart this SA lower middle order now. We're basically into the tail already.

Nah look, bowling is all about rhythm. No bowler watches the crease as they run in. If he isn't called for bowling a no-ball the first time he does it, he's not going to realise his bowling mark hasn't been measured correctly. This applies to all bowlers no matter what their speed or style. If the umpires aren't going to call the first no-ball the bowler bowls, but wait until a wicket falls, then they're not doing their job and just ****ing over all bowlers in the process. It's ****ty umpiring and should be outlawed. Call a noball when it happens. If you miss it, then it's a legit ball even if the bowler is ****ing halfway down the pitch. Penalise the umpires not the bowlers.
Fair point. But still, it's really not that hard to not be bowling no balls.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jadeja's almost always toeing the line so this isn't really surprising.

I'm not watching atm but if it was indeed a no ball then I'm glad the right decision was made. About time we get some proper technology in this no ball business though.
The video evidence wasn't conclusive whether it was a no ball or not. So the umpire's call (i.e. not a no ball) should stand, no?

OverratedSanity

It should be umpire's call on the no-ball in the absence of credible evidence. This is absolute bull****.

I've had more hissy fits about this topic than you have. But it just does not apply to spinners. Sorry. If you overstep as aa 50mph troll left armer you should just kill yourself instead of blaming the umpires

cnerd123

likes this
Fair point. But still, it's really not that hard to not be bowling no balls.
But it is quite an easy mistake to measure out your runup incorrectly. And all bowlers toe the line - it's like weight cutting in combat sports. It's risky but you take every advantage you get.

The umpires should be calling no-balls from the get go. Not ignoring them till they get a wicket. If the first no-ball the bowler bowls all day ends up as a wicket, then fair enough, blame on the bowler. But if he's bowled a dozen no-balls and then strikes, you can't blame him. He has no way to know he is overstepping outside of the umpire's call. He can't watch his own foot as he bowls.

The umpire ****s up, the umpire should be penalised. Allowing them to call no-balls after the fact is just stupid and wrong.