• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
He is the only guy who pronounces Tendulkar's name correctly. On the T and D, the tongue is supposed to be flat on the palate. Everybody else just hits the palate with the tip of their tongue on both of them.
yeah I've noticed that one too. They really should make more of an effort - it's not just about respect, it just sounds so much better.

I have a Maori name that pretty much every non-Maori NZer gets wrong. I actually find foreigners say it correctly more often than locals because they actually bother to listen to how I'm saying my name, rather than asking me to spell it out.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yeah I've noticed that one too. They really should make more of an effort - it's not just about respect, it just sounds so much better.

I have a Maori name that pretty much every non-Maori NZer gets wrong. I actually find foreigners say it correctly more often than locals because they actually bother to listen to how I'm saying my name, rather than asking me to spell it out.
Absolutely. All western English speakers pronounce my name as the adjective harsh. Listen to how I say it, ****s!

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It should be umpire's call on the no-ball in the absence of credible evidence. This is absolute bull****.

cnerd123

likes this
FFS the umpire didn't call it a no-ball when it occurred. We need to stop with all this retroactive turning-legit-balls-into-noballs crap.

It's the umpire's job to give it a no-ball. He didn't. End of. Wicket stands.Tough luck for the batsman; go and report the umpire for not doing his job. No one complains when a no-ball isn't called and ends up going for a boundary, or ends up as a dot. Why do this bull**** on a wicket.

****ing hate this. Goddamn umpires need to realise why we pay them in the first place, lazy fat ****s.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FFS the umpire didn't call it a no-ball when it occurred. We need to stop with all this retroactive turning-legit-balls-into-noballs crap.

It's the umpire's job to give it a no-ball. He didn't. End of. Wicket stands.Tough luck for the batsman; go and report the umpire for not doing his job. No one complains when a no-ball isn't called and ends up going for a boundary, or ends up as a dot. Why do this bull**** on a wicket.

****ing hate this. Goddamn umpires need to realise why we pay them in the first place, lazy fat ****s.
Look I agree with you. But Jadeja's a ****ing spinner, not a 145kph quick. Just get your foot behind the ****ing crease.