• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
AB De Villiers and under-appreciated don't go well together.. He is so ****ing over-appreciated nowadays that I am starting to pray he goes for a duck every time to just shut the fanboys up even though I love the guy.

So now you are saying he has officially reached Sachin-esque proportions? :p That WAS the next level.. lol

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apparently I let myself up for a serious backlash :blink: . Contra, sorry my post came across more snippy than it was meant... part of it was having this discussion with others (not on CW) where the continuous prediction is the SA team will fail... and I`m quite biased when it comes to my cricket.. (you may have not noticed :) )

no one cares about any of your predictions guys

edit: except stphndbsn i guess
actually i`m an anti-prediction guy mostly cause they are normally just wrong! I like analysis after the fact not before... I think I will need a thicker skin if I want to keep posting on the forum!

Spark

Global Moderator
No he wasn't, he just got runs when it was easy and also got runs at other times as well. Its not like he never got important runs and always easy runs.

Now he just gets runs every time.

****s were still calling him a downhill skiier after Adelaide 2012/13 FFS
It's kind of baffling that you still don't get what we were actually saying at the time tbh. It's been explained often enough.

indiaholic

International Captain
Analysis after the fact is always risky. You can just cook up a story to fit the facts and look right. Predictions at least have the advantage of having the potential to be proven wrong.

Having said all that, I will be disappointed if Steyn doesn't tear us a new one. He is by far my favourite player to watch when in form.

indiaholic

International Captain
It's kind of baffling that you still don't get what we were actually saying at the time tbh. It's been explained often enough.
Jono loves the him vs the world narrative. Look at the Indian players he loves: Rohit and Kohli. Am pretty sure he chose those to ensure that everybody hated him.:ph34r:

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Analysis after the fact is always risky. You can just cook up a story to fit the facts and look right. Predictions at least have the advantage of having the potential to be proven wrong.

Having said all that, I will be disappointed if Steyn doesn't tear us a new one. He is by far my favourite player to watch when in form.
[deleted] :ph34r:

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
He is good (very solid), top order batsman for his franchise, lots of experience… good wicketkeeper to… Unfortunately because of Quinny he is unlikely to get an extended international career. One of those bad luck cases you get. Thinking about it he may actually yet be put at 6 in the line-up, could do it but unlikely...
Villas is the Nick Pothas of this era.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Apparently I let myself up for a serious backlash :blink: . Contra, sorry my post came across more snippy than it was meant... part of it was having this discussion with others (not on CW) where the continuous prediction is the SA team will fail... and I`m quite biased when it comes to my cricket.. (you may have not noticed :) )
haha it's alright, I didn't see your post as snippy at all but I did want to clarify what I was trying to say. It's all good.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I would not be unhappy with this choice, but I doubt that Philander gets dropped for Rabada in the first test. SA are conservative, no chopping and changing until really forced to, Philander extends the batting line-up as well.

Also while Rabada's skills and bowling intelligence shown on the field so far are brilliant, he has not played a great deal of 4/5 day cricket particularly not in hot/humid conditions I would personally worry about his physical fitness holding up at this stage, at 20 he is not fully matured physically and has not had enough time to work on his core strengths or fitness fully. Don't need him going missing day 4/5 of a test. Unless forced to play him this series or we are 3-0 up :). he is most likely to make his debut on a seaming pitch at wanderers against Eng!
Well i guess how fit or not Rabada may or may not be for a test will depend on physio's - because I don't see Philander being nothing more than a stock bowler in IND conditions to dry up runs.

SA already have a problem with their spinners, Harmer will paul harris/claude henderson/clive eksteen/Rob Peterson like if he plays & Tahir will either finally replicate his ODI form into tests or be spanked. So I'd say they need security of 3 quicks to be wicket-taking options or else they could create a opening for IND batters.

Last edited:

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Assuming that's the first Test, it'll be Elgar, van Zyl, Amla, De Villiers, Du Plessis, Duminy, Vilas, Phliander, Harmer, Steyn, Morkel.
Ideally yes, unless Duminy is still injured then Bavuma will play in his place.

What is the Mohali pitch going to be (mostly likely) like. I have heard it sometimes has a bit of carry and bounce? Or is that just for us hopeful SA`ers?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Assuming that's the first Test, it'll be Elgar, van Zyl, Amla, De Villiers, Du Plessis, Duminy, Vilas, Phliander, Harmer, Steyn, Morkel.
I'm pretty sure they'll be going with the 3. Faf 4. Amla 5. de Villiers order they've gone with since Amla took over captaincy.