• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I might be setting myself up for serious backlash as the series goes on but I also don't feel Devilliers will be that much of a problem in tests as he is in ODI's.
Who would you consider a problem in world cricket at the moment if not DeVillers? Who would you rather not face than ABD???

Sorry, maybe being a bit petty; but I do feel sometimes that SA players are under appreciated and are brushed off as not actually as good for...insert reason here..., whereas I am always hearing how Aus, Eng, Indian ..insert player name (proven or unproven)... are going to single handedly win the series. The earlier comment regarding Steyn averaging 40+ is another example...

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Who would you consider a problem in world cricket at the moment if not DeVillers? Who would you rather not face than ABD???

Sorry, maybe being a bit petty; but I do feel sometimes that SA players are under appreciated and are brushed off as not actually as good for...insert reason here..., whereas I am always hearing how Aus, Eng, Indian ..insert player name (proven or unproven)... are going to single handedly win the series. The earlier comment regarding Steyn averaging 40+ is another example...
lol dude why only take one part of my comment out? Didn't you read the rest of it? Regardless the point is that back when Devillier's toured during the 08-2011 time period he didn't perform apart from one double ton on an Ahemdabad deck that had flattened after the morning session (which India weren't good enough to survive sadly), and then second second century was another century on a flat centurion wicket after SA had all but put themselves on a commanding position anyways, outside of those 2 innings AB generally struggled, particularly against spin FROM WHAT I SAW. Obviously this is a personal take based on my observations so no one has go agree with me.

As far as being under appreciated that's totally false, everyone here loves Steyn and Devilliers and their records are as good as anyone in the world. But this forum is about having discussions with others and putting forward our views in context of where the series is taking place, general form and personal observations over a period of time. I feel both AB and Steyn will not do as well as expected and I have my reasons for it, again this isn't about how good Steyn + AB are, it's about how likely they are to perform in this upcoming series.

cnerd123

likes this
Reckon Rohit might finally be dropped. Would be absurd to leave any one out of Dhawan, Vijay, Rahane and Pujara based on recent Test form.

They might go with 6 batsmen, Saha, and 4 bowlers to fit Rohit in, which tbf is probably the best lineup they can put out anyways. Get Kohli and Vijay bowling more if needed.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Lol what? That was a prediction I made for the series. It may end up falling flat after he takes 35 wickets at 12, but it's just a prediction. I don't think Steyn is ****. No one here does. Steyn and AB get their fair share of love. Underappreciated is the last word you need to use to describe them.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member

Its more of a humour prediction. OS said Steyn would avg 40 against BD too.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah, come on, its a very valid point that someone considers AB to be not as much of a threat in tests as he is in ODIs. Seriously, it is not so much a reflection of his standing as a test batsman as it is of how ridiculously God like he can be in ODIs.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
lol Joni... u made a post stating the exact opposite of what has been happening in the last page of this thread. Guess you are missing watching Virat bat. :p

Burner

International Regular
AB De Villiers and under-appreciated don't go well together.. He is so ****ing over-appreciated nowadays that I am starting to pray he goes for a duck every time to just shut the fanboys up even though I love the guy.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
AB De Villiers and under-appreciated don't go well together.. He is so ****ing over-appreciated nowadays that I am starting to pray he goes for a duck every time to just shut the fanboys up even though I love the guy.
Yeah but it makes up for the fact he was underappreciated and called a downhill skieer on this forum for like 5 years by a bunch of annoying ****s.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
But he was a downhill skiier. Doesn't mean he is now. But he was.
No he wasn't, he just got runs when it was easy and also got runs at other times as well. Its not like he never got important runs and always easy runs.

Now he just gets runs every time.

****s were still calling him a downhill skiier after Adelaide 2012/13 FFS

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No he wasn't, he just got runs when it was easy and also got runs at other times as well. Its not like he never got important runs and always easy runs.

Now he just gets runs every time.

****s were still calling him a downhill skiier after Adelaide 2012/13 FFS
Sure. There was a time though when his easy runs seemed to be come more frequently than the tough ones, and thus his average seemed to flatter him at the time (not anymore obviously). I do agree it was ridiculous if they were doing it after 2012/13, that phase of his ended long before that imo.