• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia 2015

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
"The word from the ground is that play has been suspended until further notice. We will update you with more details when we have them."

Has there been any official announcement about this game ?
Officially abandoned now.

Well at least the ledger is square now - Australia had no decent warm-up by virtue of Bangladesh and we have no warm-up by virtual of dead-**** Australian pitches.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
**** knows how Blacktown gets a game as square always looks dire and pitch plays accordingly

At a bare minimum, the match should be played at Bankstown but really ought to be at Allan Border Field if not a FC venue
Isn't AB Field even flatter than this wicket? It was on last tour.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
At a bare minimum, the match should be played at Bankstown but really ought to be at Allan Border Field if not a FC venue
Bankstown is a decent wicket. Plus I'm sure McCullum would have appreciated the facilities at the Bankstown Sports Club afterwards.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Isn't AB Field even flatter than this wicket? It was on last tour.
Generally a bit on the slow side but nothing like this

Also home to Centre for Excellence so has great training facilities and, most importantly, is not in Blacktown

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Why didn't they just play at the ****ing SCG? Like they did when, y'know, England toured last.

It really is a case of justifying BISP's existence.

adub

International Captain
Why didn't they just play at the ****ing SCG? Like they did when, y'know, England toured last.

It really is a case of justifying BISP's existence.
SCG probably not ready yet after the AFL

NSO could have been used though I suppose, or Drummoyne but that's pretty slow too.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
**** knows how Blacktown gets a game as square always looks dire and pitch plays accordingly

The pitch needs to be prepared properly but back in the day tours went around the country and I think it's pissweak that that doesn't happen as much. The ground staff need to get it right but I'm all for smaller towns and suburbs getting tour matches

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
After this debacle, I'm assuming the ACB will send the Black Caps to Christmas Island for the next warm-up game.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What was wrong with the pitch apart from it being a road? Did someone piss on it in the innings break? 1/520 odd suggests it probably wasn't a minefield

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
What was wrong with the pitch apart from it being a road? Did someone piss on it in the innings break? 1/520 odd suggests it probably wasn't a minefield
The footmarks deteriorated to the point where fastbowlers couldn't bowl on it.