• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia 2015

nevermind

U19 Debutant
The real highlight of the match was the 2 minutes after NZ accidentally dismissed Carters. Finch boldly decided to shove the NZ tactics right back in their face declaring just before a freebie 300, only for NZ to respond instantly by double declaring! WOW.

What a game. Well done to all involved.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hope the kiwis never participate in an I Quit match because it'll be over in like 4 minutes

Skyliner

International 12th Man
uh honour
Where's the honour in the CA stitch-up that is our warm-up itinerary?
It's a real 'underarm delivery' to stick us on that filthy strip of concrete, and now the foot-marks make quick bowling dangerous.
The Aussie posters are spewing because it's embarrassing for Australian cricket and a real indictment on the state of their grounds and facilities.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
A cynical ploy by CA to roll all the #positiveintent out of their pitches and Finch hadn't earned the right anyway, so the right move by BMac to take his bat, his ball, and go to Brisbane.

RxGM

U19 Vice-Captain
It is a some what worrying trend that home nations make warm up games a waste of time. Nz does it by not putting together decent XI's, alot of teams do it buy creating pitches that do not resemble the test ground.

It is getting quite farcical, and it correlates closely with the lack of performance from touring teams.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Let's not get into a nationalistic trolling ****fight, eh?

And here I was hoping for a tour thread that would remain civil, especially now that Brad Haddin isn't a thing.
Poor to pick on this post IMO Dan.......plenty of ****e posts preceding Punks that could have been singled out.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Nah literally every Australian worth their citizenship doesn't consider Rooty Hill RSL as part of Australia. Should have let them secede years ago, taking BISP with them.

Horrible ground.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To be honest if my team had conceded 288 runs to Finch i'd publicly crucify them and put their crosses along the Bruce Highway for all to see.

Blain

U19 Captain
WTF Australia, that looks like rat ****. Sort your pitches out, embarrassing.. They didn't allow pace bowlers to bowl FFS! 2 Absolutely ****ters in a row.

Ah well, hope this fires Baz and the boys up.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
A cynical ploy by CA to roll all the #positiveintent out of their pitches and Finch hadn't earned the right anyway, so the right move by BMac to take his bat, his ball, and go to Brisbane.
They could either continue to play into Australia's hands by continuing with the farce and having the worst preparation possible for the Gabba, or do the right think by themselves and NZ cricket and recognize that winning the test and series is the only thing that matters. They have done the only sensible and sane thing possible in the face of this underhanded Aussie ploy.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Poor to pick on this post IMO Dan.......plenty of ****e posts proceeding Punks that could have been singled out.
General warning to all involved. More a case of "we know Gnske has a really poor sense of humour, no need to get all nationalistic over it" type thing.

I just want everybody to play nice and not take bad jokes as anything other than bad jokes :(

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
They could either continue to play into Australia's hands by continuing with the farce and having the worst preparation possible for the Gabba, or do the right think by themselves and NZ cricket and recognize that winning the test and series is the only thing that matters. They have done the only sensible and sane thing possible in the face of this underhanded Aussie ploy.
I really don't think its a ploy at all; BISP is notoriously terrible naturally -- look at the recent Matador games out there -- and, well, don't ascribe to malice what can be ascribed to incompetence.

Blain

U19 Captain
Reminds me of the Hamilton pitch mid 2000's? vs Aus. There was a hole the size of a frizbee outside leg stump.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah literally every Australian worth their citizenship doesn't consider Rooty Hill RSL as part of Australia. Should have let them secede years ago, taking BISP with them.

Horrible ground.
ben dunk ‏@bendunk51 16 Jan 2012
Rooty Hill the time has come to say goodbye, you will not be missed and safe to say we will never cross paths again.