• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan and England in the UAE 2015/16

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Who the hell sledges Misbah man!! Seriously? Guy has the same expression on his face when he scores a ton or he scores a duck, when he wins or he loses. Most futile exercise in the world.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well that was a good day. :laugh:

Must admit was expecting more days like this before the series started so it a pleasant surprise it took to day 3 of the 2nd test to happen. Fears before that the batting was Cook and Root and nothing else were right though.

Last edited:

ScottyMuser

Cricket Spectator
well played Pakistan, but yet again it's an absolute disgrace that we didn't get close to 90 overs in the day, especially with loss of 9 overs yesterday. Can we stop playing to a clock, and start making sure that, as long as light is good, teams stay out to finish their allocated overs. Oh, and penalty runs for each over they have to do this for (say 6 runs PER over per day having to be bowled that way)

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow.. I can't even express how happy I am tonight.

This was me last night with memories of the first test fresh in my mind
"England's day...but you know you have to give credit to the opposition, they bowled well, then came back and batted well..and it was never going to be like 0-3, you know this, Cook and Root are much better players this time around, Ajmal and Rehman, the two key bowlers are not here, Babar looks like he's finished"
So if England get up to 350, and Pakistan get knocked over for 150, would 1-1 be a good result? So that would mean they have won only 1 home series in the last 1 year, drew against New Zealand, draw against England...is that a good record? Probably not..but England beat India 2-1 and drew 1-1 in Sri Lanka, so they are a decent side in SC in the last few years. But then if Babar is finished, who will be the second spinner in the third test? Rehman is finished too..Gohar? Asif? What if they are no good? 3 seamers? Might as well play Junaid and hope he and Wahab and Yasir can do some magic."

This is me tonight.
"Misbah, YK, Wahab, Misbah, Wahab, Yasir, YK9000, Misbah to ton up, Misbah trolling Stokes, MIsbah" and a heart satisfied in a way that only comes from Test cricket.

Last edited:

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
well played Pakistan, but yet again it's an absolute disgrace that we didn't get close to 90 overs in the day, especially with loss of 9 overs yesterday. Can we stop playing to a clock, and start making sure that, as long as light is good, teams stay out to finish their allocated overs. Oh, and penalty runs for each over they have to do this for (say 6 runs PER over per day having to be bowled that way)
Or they can start a bit early you know. Commentators and tv guys have to arrive on the ground like 2 hours before but still half an hour or 45 mins early start would not have made a world of difference

smash84

The Tiger King
Or they can start a bit early you know. Commentators and tv guys have to arrive on the ground like 2 hours before but still half an hour or 45 mins early start would not have made a world of difference
exactly, i don't quite understand why they can't have an early start?

Is it because tv channels can't move it a minute earlier?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Superb spell from Wahab today...

England really needs to drop Stokes for Taylor, but that isn't going to happen