• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan and England in the UAE 2015/16

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha was it Younis or Misbah that repeatedly sent Craig into the stands every once in a while in that exact same area?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
There was a decent piece on cricinfo the other day analysing why our stock of spinners is so poor nowadays. And, as a consequence, why we're so hopeless at playing the slow stuff.

iirc it was a combination of moving most of the county matches out of the hottest months so make space for all the 2020 games, county captains not having a clue how to handle young spinners, and a whole culture that just doesn't like it and thinks it's unfair if anyone has the temerity to produce a pitch that takes spin before Day 4. The decline can be pretty well seen by comparing our front line spinners this time with three years ago, I suppose. Unless my memory's playing up again, I think Swann and Monty offered rather more before Day 5 than our current spin-twins.

Spark

Global Moderator
There was a decent piece on cricinfo the other day analysing why our stock of spinners is so poor nowadays. And, as a consequence, why we're so hopeless at playing the slow stuff.

iirc it was a combination of moving most of the county matches out of the hottest months so make space for all the 2020 games, county captains not having a clue how to handle young spinners, and a whole culture that just doesn't like it and thinks it's unfair if anyone has the temerity to produce a pitch that takes spin before Day 4. The decline can be pretty well seen by comparing our front line spinners this time with three years ago, I suppose. Unless my memory's playing up again, I think Swann and Monty offered rather more before Day 5 than our current spin-twins.
Swann wasn't really a run-through-a-side-on-Day-5 sort of guy, tbh. He was generally pretty consistent throughout the match rather than playing a holding role early then picking up the bulk of his wickets late.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok this has probably been already discussed earlier on CC, but what's the status with Monty Panesar? I know there is no realistic chance of him coming back what happened there? Was expecting the guy to take over after Swann, he always owned Pakistan, whether in England or in UAE, won England the series in 2012. What a bowler he would have been on this tour.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Swann just said unless England bowl Pakistan out in the next two hours the match is lost. This match was over the moment Root was out.

Spark

Global Moderator
Ok this has probably been already discussed earlier on CC, but what's the status with Monty Panesar? I know there is no realistic chance of him coming back what happened there? Was expecting the guy to take over after Swann, he always owned Pakistan, whether in England or in UAE, won England the series in 2012. What a bowler he would have been on this tour.
He got ****.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Misbah has the fastest century in test cricket
Misbah has the most number of sixes by a Pakistani batsman in test cricket

It's like even the Universe/God conspires to troll the Misbah haters/Afridi fans