• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the SWALEC Stadium

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What? He slaughters balls outside off. He regularly moves across closer to off stump. You're just serving him what he wants. The goal is to examine his technique and look for a weakness. Not to play into his strength.
Have you seen him bat?

Seriously doesn't sound as though you have

I'd take him finally missing one on 199 this innings if it was offered.
Yorker at 140 ks + when on 199?
stop it guys
Nah let them flow wtih their vitriol.

I'm right if the leg stump line is even bowled and the examination attempted. Whether S Smith is up for the challenge is another matter, altogether. If he fails, they'll be feeling pretty darn stupid. Because I will be calling them stupid. I think bowling outside wide of off stump to someone who has averaged 100 runs the last year against balls wide and outside off stump rather foolish. I don't think Smith has proven he is worthy of averaging Bradman numbers for a career.

Even if the leg stump line stops his movement across to off stump, the bowlers win as Smith will not be in his favoured position to hit low risk off side easy boundaries for himself.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah let them flow wtih their vitriol.

I'm right if the leg stump line is even bowled and the examination attempted. Whether S Smith is up for the challenge is another matter, altogether. If he fails, they'll be feeling pretty darn stupid. Because I will be calling them stupid. I think bowling outside wide of off stump to someone who has averaged 100 runs the last year against balls wide and outside off stump rather foolish. I don't think Smith has proven he is worthy of averaging Bradman numbers for a career.

Even if the leg stump line stops his movement across to off stump, the bowlers win as Smith will not be in his favoured position to hit low risk off side easy boundaries for himself.
Vitriol?

aussie tragic

International Captain
Highest 4th innings score by an aussie in England...182 by Arthur Morris in 1948....2nd highest score is 173* by Don Bradman in the same match (3-404)....looking forward to more of the same today :)

Last edited:
Yorker at 140 ks + when on 199?
Look at how ugly that was. He has moved accross to the off stump. Played all around a ball crashing into leg stump. Didn't even realise he has missed it.

What would you call that shot he was attempting? The back foot on drive? The front on mid wicket flick chip shot? if he hits it, that ball is looking a good chance for an on side field catch. At 8.24 he is almost standing perfectly square to the bowler.

Yeah - I'd be giving him a real thorough leg stump examination.

Last edited: