• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the SWALEC Stadium

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't think it's too controversial to suggest he'd offer more control, which has been the issue. Has a good wicket taking record in England anyway tbf
I'm not really arguing with you, it's just a constant bug-bear of mine how people who don't get picked are just talked up to high heaven. The Carrick syndrome.

I bet if Twatto hadn't been picked here some would have said "ya know I reckon his bowling could be decent in these conditions", and thats Twatto.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
What's Watson done exactly to get Healy upset? Didn't think his two overs were bad really, couple of edges went for four and otherwise just bowled stump to stump.

Stace

First Class Debutant
Batsmen so often seem to get runs when there are a lot of "here comes the walking wicket" type posts in the tour thread. Ballance first innings, now Bell.
Apart from Kohli last summer when he was literally a walking wicket.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Siddle looked really dire in his recent Tests. Lost his nip completely. Though if we get pitches like this, we probably have to recall him.
Yeah, Siddle was rightfully dropped after not performing well in the UAE and Adelaide. From all reports he is bowling really well recently has regained his pace.

What's Watson done exactly to get Healy upset? Didn't think his two overs were bad really, couple of edges went for four and otherwise just bowled stump to stump.
All started with the long time it took for him to deliver the first ball and just his attitude/demeanour not one of an experienced member of the team.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'm not really arguing with you, it's just a constant bug-bear of mine how people who don't get picked are just talked up to high heaven. The Carrick syndrome.

I bet if Twatto hadn't been picked here some would have said "ya know I reckon his bowling could be decent in these conditions", and thats Twatto.
Corey Collymore imo. Wincies always seemed to sack him, then they'd get thrashed in the first match of a series in which one, or more, of their bowlers was just terrible. He'd then get selected again, come back in, do moderately well, but Windies would still be well beaten. Then he'd get sacked again despite being one of the team's better performers.