• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the SWALEC Stadium

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
The English boo most visitors and then bitch and moan if one of their own is borderline mistreated.
Not sure this is true tbf. Certainly not at the grounds I go to.

Admittedly they're a bit more uncivilised in the North and in Wales. GIMH and grecian to confirm.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
I am weirdly ok with Lyth getting 37.

That does not speak that well for him.
Reminds me a bit of Compton in India. Everyone is sort of happy with him if he just gets a few OK scores and doesn't get out straight away. Both tough circumstances for a novice international opener though.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wish they wouldn't do the replays with the live scorecard, I keep thinking a fresh wicket has fallen

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not sure this is true tbf. Certainly not at the grounds I go to.

Admittedly they're a bit more uncivilised in the North and in Wales. GIMH and grecian to confirm.
These two are hardly experts on civility tbh, especially the former. You should ask someone else.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Surprised how little Watto has bowled so far since that was seemingly his trump card in selection.
Yeah I was going to make this post after the first innings. I'm not surprised he hasn't bowled yet in the second innings, but he was picked as insurance in case the attack really lost control with the two erratic left armers, and that's exactly what happened. He should have got through at least one more spell on the first day IMO, and probably have had a crack on Day 2 when Moeen was counter-attacking as well. He's not valuable enough as a batsman or batting high enough to wrap in cotton wool anymore; if he gets injured and misses the rest of the series then so be it.