• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the SWALEC Stadium

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Australia lose this test I think both Haddin and Watson will be dropped for Lords. Pretty result dependant though.

edit: Actually now that I think about it more I think Haddin would get another game or two.
Both are lucky to be on the tour given recent performances but I doubt that they will be dropped as it isn't Boof's way

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That kind of review shouldn't happen. Just holds up the game. 80-over reset rule needs a rethink.
Need to be 3 possibilities for drs imo.

1)clearly hitting in line/outside line : Decision reversed

2) Umpires call: you don't lose a review

3) Taking the piss: Like if it's hitting a mile outside off and the bowler still reviews or if a batsman's trapped lbw halfway up middle stump: You lose drs privileges for your team for the whole match.

Antihippy

International Debutant
Actually is this the first time where both England and Australian 8-11 have 3 left handed batsmen and 1 right handed batsman?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Both are lucky to be on the tour given recent performances but I doubt that they will be dropped as it isn't Boof's way
Especially Haddin, you'd think. I have no idea who the reserve keeper is, but it was only 18 months ago that Haddin was habitually rebuilding the Aus innings against England, so there's a fair bit of psychology there, on both sides. Plus Lehmann probably like the fact that he's a complete ****. Watson may be another matter if he fails in the 2nd innings. More of a prick than a ****, but something of a downhill skier anyway.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Honestly don't think it's especially surprising that England have polished this mob off for a pretty modest total tbh. All the talk of them being overwhelming favourites has been massively ott.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A crumb of comfort for me would be that the Channel Nein team would be hilarious to listen to if Australia are losing. Might go look for a stream somewhere

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A crumb of comfort for me would be that the Channel Nein team would be hilarious to listen to if Australia are losing. Might go look for a stream somewhere
I think I've heard more Poms than Aussies commentate on Nine, tbh. :p