• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the SWALEC Stadium

Stapel

International Regular
Awful shot that. Another one now would be handy.

Take one more before new ball tomorrow but we all know Haddin is vulnerable early on so could get him tonight.

Haddin too chicken to come out. All talk and no action that bloke.
Another one is coming! It just looks like that.

Spark

Global Moderator
England have bowled reasonably well but having all of #3, 4 and #5 getting between 30 and 40 is supremely irritating. Like the test as a whole this far, just careless.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Very good bowling in the last hour. If its doing nothing you try to bore them out. Much better than that round the wicket short pitched crap they were trying against NZ.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Much like yesterday we would have taken this position at the start of the day. If we have a good opening session tomorrow we will be on top and with a new ball to come that is possible.

Stapel

International Regular
Superb! I think 264/5 in reply to 430 at the end of day 2, is far far more than one could have hoped for as a (somewhat) neutral supporter!

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England have bowled reasonably well but having all of #3, 4 and #5 getting between 30 and 40 is supremely irritating. Like the test as a whole this far, just careless.
None of them out to a great ball either which is even more annoying from your point of view. Getting in and giving it away is poor. Warner was same too.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
None of them out to a great ball either which is even more annoying from your point of view. Getting in and giving it away is poor. Warner was same too.
The wickets were brought about by sustained pressure though

i only saw the last hour but thought we bowled well. Comments from the comms etc suggest by and large we have been all day

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Chris Rogers is a great guy. No corporate team speak.

Perhaps let slip that they think they might be up **** creak if they don't get close to 430.

Last edited:

Antihippy

International Debutant
The wickets were brought about by sustained pressure though

i only saw the last hour but thought we bowled well. Comments from the comms etc suggest by and large we have been all day
They're bloody international batsmen though. If pressure is all it takes than no one would ever make a century.

England bowled far better than we did but I'd expect an international standard batsman to, say, not play a booming big cover drive so close to stumps.