• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the SWALEC Stadium

Riggins

International Captain
Did not expect the plan to Rogers to be to target the strangled down the leg side from the start.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
And he's not entirely wrong. I'll be astonished if Jimmy's test average is still below 30 at the end of this series.
He'd have to average about 45 based on my rough Maths. Nothing in his recent form (ie since last Ashes) suggests he'll perform that badly, and that's before we factor in there being a Test at Trent Bridge. Can't see it.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Anderson is bowling pretty well but God this is a road. England need a wicket badly while there's still a bit of swing.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Burgey and wpdavid agreeing on England being **** is sort of the CW equivalent of the bootleggers and baptists alliance during prohibition.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
He'd have to average about 45 based on my rough Maths. Nothing in his recent form (ie since last Ashes) suggests he'll perform that badly, and that's before we factor in there being a Test at Trent Bridge. Can't see it.
Really? In that case it's not as clear cut as I thought.
Well done on the sums mate.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Shows how the stats can lie. Jimmy's bowling far more economically than Broad but only because he barely made them play in his first three overs.

What are we predicting for close of play?