• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

no, but your historical reference which I have no clue about has made me feel insecure about my intelligence
Well it should make you feel insecure about your lack of general knowledge. I didn't mean to offend you. You should have already felt insecure about your lack of intelligence. I thought you knew.

Antihippy

International Debutant
From what I've been listening to it seems like rashid is bowling better today. Good to see, and it seems like the slow pitch suits him better.

Is it just me though, or does it seem like the english comms sound desperate to want him to do well?

Howe_zat

Audio File
From what I've been listening to it seems like rashid is bowling better today. Good to see, and it seems like the slow pitch suits him better.

Is it just me though, or does it seem like the english comms sound desperate to want him to do well?
Why wouldn't you want him to do well? The idea of having an effective legspinner who is also an accomplished batsman is immense

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Guys it's 170/4, not 70/4. This is just a normal innings that's followed a sackful o' crazy
I think the batting has been great, apart from Baz. There's a bit in this slow deck, combined with accurate bowling; the batsmen are having to fight for every run.

Antihippy

International Debutant
Why wouldn't you want him to do well? The idea of having an effective legspinner who is also an accomplished batsman is immense
Oh I don't mean it in a mean-spirited way, it just seems to me that comms have been weirdly bigging up what has been a mediocre series for him. Outside of his 4fer and this bowling display, he honestly hasn't really impressed me. Far too inconsistent, and I don't buy the rhetoric that you have to be expensive as a leg-spinner in order to nab wickets. Imran Tahir can keep things pretty tight even on the flatest wickets.

Wish him all the best really, it's just that the overhype is weirding me out.

Last edited:

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Oh I don't mean it in a mean-spirited way, it just seems to me that comms have been weirdly bigging up what has been a mediocre series for him. Outside of his 4fer and this bowling display, he honestly hasn't really impressed me.

Wish him all the best really, it's just that the overhype is weirding me out.
If you look at the scores for the first three games you'll understand why those performances aren't being too harshly judged.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Get Stokes back on to bowl out now, don't fancy him right at the end, but he's looked the most like producing something out of the lull