• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Skyliner

International 12th Man
No money in the kitty aye. Maybe have a whip round.
Yeah, probably no one else out there. Hope they checked. Would be good to have someone who'd played a few tests I reckon.

No money in the kitty aye. Maybe have a whip round.
Yeah, probably no one else out there. Hope they checked. Would be good to have someone who'd played a few tests I reckon.
Well Martin Crowe is helping two of the senior batsmen on a pro bono basis aint he?

I spose Boult and Southee could talk to Paddles. But he may just recite every favourable statistic and milestone and how he didn't drop a catch off Vaughan Brown's bowling and go for ten wickets at Brisbane in 1985.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Well Martin Crowe is helping two of the senior batsmen on a pro bono basis aint he?

I spose Boult and Southee could talk to Paddles. But he may just recite every favourable statistic and milestone and how he didn't drop a catch off Vaughan Brown's bowling and go for ten wickets at Brisbane in 1985.
Yeah, maybe during the 3 test series in November just have a yarn to Paddles would be the go.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
you two are miserable and destroy all hope i have for life
That's pretty negative pal. Life must have been on the down and down for you by the sound of things, and we were just the straws that broke the camels back.

Last edited:

Skyliner

International 12th Man
What's your opinion on Jeets cap'n? Plenty still to offer the team, or a bit of a non-performer for the BC's and someone whose time is up.
Get back to me in due course.

What's your opinion on Jeets cap'n? Plenty still to offer the team, or a bit of a non-performer for the BC's and someone whose time is up.
Get back to me in due course.
Jeets don't want to play for the Black Caps anymore. And that is not a loss on Vettori proportions.

I just wish we could get Vettori to do some work with Santner and the other finger spinners round the traps.

Sodhi might have a future in ODI cricket. He is pretty economical for ND. Could be a pyjama leggie like Hogg and Tahir.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Jeets don't want to play for the Black Caps anymore. And that is not a loss on Vettori proportions.

I just wish we could get Vettori to do some work with Santner and the other finger spinners round the traps.

Sodhi might have a future in ODI cricket. He is pretty economical for ND. Could be a pyjama leggie like Hogg and Tahir.
Agree with your points there cap'n.
An interesting pointer there to the future of Sodhi, not something I'd really considered but it could be the way back into the international game for him.

Agree with your points there cap'n.
An interesting pointer there to the future of Sodhi, not something I'd really considered but it could be the way back into the international game for him.
Have a look at the Ish Sodhi is Love, Ish Sodhi is Life thread from page 2.

Last edited:

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Have a look at the Ish Sodhi is Love, Ish Sodhi is Life thread.
Will do. I've got a lot of time for Sodhi. I was really hoping he'd kick on after his meeting with Warne. An attacking leggie taking regular bags of wickets for the BCs in tests would be a fantastic development for our side. Leggie's are always a threat; they go for plenty, but they are less reliant on the pitch wearing to take wickets, so are a great asset for a skipper to call on at any stage of an innings.

Ahhh, the BC test dream.

Boult swinging the left handers into the slips.

Ish spinning the right handers to the slips.

Wagner living up to his first class performances.

Southee developing his batting to be an all rounder.

Matt Henry fighting for a shot in the test team.

Bracewell carrying out the drinks.

Jesse Ryder batting at 6.

You see Jesse has 124 wicks at 27.9 in FC cricket?

He opens the bowling for Essex FC. What a rabble!

Last edited:

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Yeah, I read something in the English press about the Essex pitch being tailor-made for his style of bowling. Bit of a slow surface and the ball nibbles around a bit there.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Buttler with split webbing. Maybe out of tomorrow's game. They've called up Bairstow.

You ask me it's ****ing ridiculous that Bairstow is called up. You've got a reserve wicketkeeper(Billings) and reserve batsman (Taylor). Pick them. They've basically got a 15 man squad for a one off game. Pick 13 men for a series and stick with them. If one gets injured replace them. 14 is just overkill for a home series.

They've said the result isn't overly important; It's more the processes at this point. If you have 13 and one pulls out on the day and the makeup of the team isn't exactly as you want well then deal with it. Having 14 or 15 man squads to leave lots of combinations of teams is fine and good and important if this was a world cup or champions trophy but this is basically a development series.

Bairstow missing out today for Yorkshire. Craig missed the Somerset county game. Taylor missing games aplenty for Notts. It's complete bollocks.

It's nothing against Bairstow I just feel they go into overkill with trying to cover the different options for the team when it doesn't really matter when in all likelihood Bairstow will not play tomorrow (after having to miss Yorkshire's game tonight).