• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm stepping up my campaign to oust David White another notch tonight. I like the cut of Skyliner's jib and his anti-White stance and so I have decided to utilise this opportunity to take the challenge to the shiny-arsed suit wearing types up at City Hall NZ Cricket.

Here's my first advertising campaign. I believe it to be more robust than some of Wellington City Council's recent efforts

#WhiteOut

Last edited:

Skyliner

International 12th Man
The world has gone mad when im defending mitch m from the haters.

Decent bowler. Has bowled genuinely well in odis and his bounce helps him get jam wickets on top. He isn't much chop in FC because he's pretty loose but that doesn't matter in odis - if you have a vettori or a mills in the team then 10 overs 3/60 is good.
You've damned him with faint praise there. I think he has aspirations to play test cricket so your description of him as not 'much in FC because he's pretty loose' might have him heading here to give you another talking.
Re your last point: given there's neither a Vettori or a Mills in the team, are you advocating he be dropped?

Skyliner

International 12th Man
I'm stepping up my campaign to oust David White another notch tonight. I like the cut of Skyliner's jib and his anti-White stance and so I have decided to utilise this opportunity to take the challenge to the shiny-arsed suit wearing types up at City Hall[/b] NZ Cricket.

Here's my first advertising campaign. I believe it to be more robust than some of Wellington City Council's recent efforts

#WhiteOut

You were running a campaign to oust White and now you are stepping it up?
Why put me out front and centre of it then.
You'll need something better than a lame spoof album cover.

The world has gone mad when im defending mitch m from the haters.

Decent bowler. Has bowled genuinely well in odis and his bounce helps him get jam wickets on top. He isn't much chop in FC because he's pretty loose but that doesn't matter in odis - if you have a vettori or a mills in the team then 10 overs 3/60 is good.
Depends when those 2 wickets were taken for 61.

But hes more 0/63 or 2/93 these days.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Apparently the ground for the decider hasn't been producing the run fests that the other grounds have, so of all the grounds this one will be the one with a bit in the deck. I reckon NZ will bowl first, the Englanders will derail themselves trying to play as they have been, Mitch and Henry will be acclaimed as heroes - and then there will be some retribution dished out to the circle-jerking negative new-folk haters that had the temerity to suggest their bowling hadn't been too good of late.
If NZ bat first, see comments re derailment above - England win at a canter.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Depends when those 2 wickets were taken for 61.

But hes more 0/63 or 2/93 these days.
Rubbish, he's a decent bowler. I'll defend him to the ends of the earth against people like you. All over the place in first class cricket, will get you 3 wickets - including jammy ones - so long as our two best ODI bowlers of recent times - now both retired - are in the side. Going for 6 an over on a variety of decks is acceptable, as Mitch is a decent bowler. You are a hate filled hater, nothing more, nothing less.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Rubbish, he's a decent bowler. I'll defend him to the ends of the earth against people like you. All over the place in first class cricket, will get you 3 wickets - including jammy ones - so long as our two best ODI bowlers of recent times - now both retired - are in the side. Going for 6 an over on a variety of decks is acceptable, as Mitch is a decent bowler. You are a hate filled hater, nothing more, nothing less.
The telephone is ringing for you Skyliner...you are needed offline for an emergency.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
What's up with that Masceranas appointment? Did they got out to a pool of candidates or did they just do the lazy thing and bung this guy in there cause he's English and therefore looks like a top international coach. I know he had a decent tenure at Otago but did he have much coaching pedigree before that?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It was done to deliberately sabotage NZ cricket from within as it is well known Dmitri is good friends of the ECB board and is working to ruin all the progress NZ has made in the last few years to go from completely useless to somewhat useful.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Andy Moles was a decent coach, probably deserved a longer run. Being NZ it's hard to get top coaches at times, why bother having a process aye.

What's up with that Masceranas appointment? Did they got out to a pool of candidates or did they just do the lazy thing and bung this guy in there cause he's English and therefore looks like a top international coach. I know he had a decent tenure at Otago but did he have much coaching pedigree before that?
I think it was all we could afford and was available.