• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
yeah a 130kph swing bowler who doesn't bowl at the death would've solved all our problems this series given one of the key problems has been a lack of swing

Skyliner

International 12th Man
yeah a 130kph swing bowler who doesn't bowl at the death would've solved all our problems this series given one of the key problems has been a lack of swing
Millsy was crafty and had a never say die attitude. He would have found a way to succeed like Boult, Finn and Wood have in this series.
What's McLeakinruns excuse for failure in this series? He's an 'into the deck' bowler who relies on a perceived bag of tricks / zany attitude / 'aggression'TM to take wickets - so no reliance on swing and seam. It should have been a series tailor-made for him to come to the fore.
But without the top being knocked off for him by others, there's no lower order numpties for him to predate on, so he's been shown up.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
I feel sick. I've just had a massive lunch of pizza and tandoori chicken topped off with sour jubes and coke bottles :-(

Skyliner

International 12th Man
I feel sick. I've just had a massive lunch of pizza and tandoori chicken topped off with sour jubes and coke bottles :-(
$10 lunch at a local hotel: pork medallions with pasta in blue cheese sauce and salad.
Accompanied by 2 x Monteiths Black Beers.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Watch out, MitchM might yet join CW and yell at you.
That captain of industry and intellectual powerhouse would never stoop so low.
I can tell he's highly intelligent by the way his eyes bulge to their outermost extremities when he talks. SuperCoach Brian McClennan is another sports brainiac who disguises his mighty intellect behind a carefully cultivated facade.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
I can tell he's highly intelligent by the way his eyes bulge to their outermost extremities when he talks. SuperCoach Brian McClennan is another sports brainiac who disguises his mighty intellect behind a carefully cultivated facade.
Dan's joke is that McClenenenen actually did join CW and yell at Phlegm once.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Except for the time he did.

Flem274*

123/5
The world has gone mad when im defending mitch m from the haters.

Decent bowler. Has bowled genuinely well in odis and his bounce helps him get jam wickets on top. He isn't much chop in FC because he's pretty loose but that doesn't matter in odis - if you have a vettori or a mills in the team then 10 overs 3/60 is good.

viriya

International Captain
So I see that Eng is finally giving Hales an extended run.. Just an year or two too late unfortunately.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
The world has gone mad when im defending mitch m from the haters.

Decent bowler. Has bowled genuinely well in odis and his bounce helps him get jam wickets on top. He isn't much chop in FC because he's pretty loose but that doesn't matter in odis - if you have a vettori or a mills in the team then 10 overs 3/60 is good.
I think the irony and the meaning of this one liner is lost on the new folk. Got a chuckle out of it though.