• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

"I don't think aggressive has to mean slogging or hitting the ball 150 metres," said Williamson, who also bowled Eoin Morgan, the England captain, for 71 with his offspin and was named the Man of the Match following his seventh hundred in 77 one-dayers.

Williamson having a red hot go at his skipper here. Astonishing that he would be so outspoken is his criticism.
Please stop.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Typical Kiwi-poster over-analysis of four games of a five game ODI series where both sides are missing most of their senior bowlers and the batsmen are having a field day. It'll be a concern if this ODI bowling form continued over into the next couple of series. Geeze.

Harrier

Cricket Spectator
I think everyone is blowing this series way out of proportion. The setup: England got slaughtered in the World Cup and were the lesser of two sides in the Test series due to NZ's aggressiveness. The one time England did play in a similar manner, Stokes' Lord's century, we won the match.

England therefore go into the ODI series with something to prove and embracing a new ethos of playing cricket. They score 400 and conclusively beat New Zealand, the WC finalists. Brendon McCullum is Brendon McCullum. I have no doubt ahead of the second ODI he demanded his side make 400 in retaliation, and so a chain reaction is set off. This series is simply the combination of injuries to front line bowlers and what happens when two incredibly evenly matched sides push each other harder and harder to outperform the other and force record breaking stuff in the process. I do not think this series is going to become the new yardstick for ODIs to come, I think this series should be looked at as an incredible one-off and hopefully will go down in history as one of the greatest ODI series ever played. I just hope the last match is tied!

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I think this series should be looked at as an incredible one-off and hopefully will go down in history as one of the greatest ODI series ever played. I just hope the last match is tied!
Except its not an incredible one off, and we all know that the last match will not be tied, it will consist of an opening batsmen scoring a double ton, players mocking another player's injury and a lower order bat scoring a quickfire ton in a losing cause.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Except its not an incredible one off, and we all know that the last match will not be tied, it will consist of an opening batsmen scoring a double ton, players mocking another player's injury and a lower order bat scoring a quickfire ton in a losing cause.
Good from you.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tragic lack of mention of Watson on one leg attempting to smash the fastest fifty ever.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Typical Kiwi-poster over-analysis of four games of a five game ODI series where both sides are missing most of their senior bowlers and the batsmen are having a field day. It'll be a concern if this ODI bowling form continued over into the next couple of series. Geeze.
Most of the posting inspired by this series has been "geez I hate this new ODI cricket, big scores have gotten too big, it's boring, we need rule changes so the game reverts to the one we know".
And more posting has targeted the NZ bowlers who aren't named Trent Boult for bowling a lot of dross.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
NZ missing most of their senior bowlers? Southee, McLeakinruns and NMac have been in the side for donkeys years, Boult played in the - first two - high-scoring games, Milne has missed more games through injury than he has played for NZ, and Vettori - thought oft mentioned - has retired.
Anyone who thinks Corey Anderson would be going for less than 6 an over is dreaming also.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
NZ missing most of their senior bowlers? Southee, McLeakinruns and NMac have been in the side for donkeys years, Boult played in the - first two - high-scoring games, Milne has missed more games through injury than he has played for NZ, and Vettori - thought oft mentioned - has retired.
Anyone who thinks Corey Anderson would be going for less than 6 an over is dreaming also.
Bring Millsy out of retirement!