• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ish Sodhi is love, Ish Sodhi is life

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Playing on very dry wicket blocks late in the season also assisted Sodhi's List A figures for a while.

I often noticed it became a tougher task for the domestix to latch on to his really short balls with enough power to beat men in the deep.

Playing on very dry wicket blocks late in the season also assisted Sodhi's List A figures for a while.

I often noticed it became a tougher task for the domestix to latch on to his really short balls with enough power to beat men in the deep.
That is only one delivery but it has been given a fair tweak. Too short but got bounce. His domestic first class record is pretty crap so could the field setting be relevant? I mean you can put a mid wicket on the boundary in red ball cricket.

How is he getting the wickets in List A? Is it batsmen attempting to slog or are they wicket taking deliveries?

Last edited:

Just kidding. Although I think Santner's Ford Trophy wickets reel would look prettier than Sodhi's tbh.
Ha. In the batsmen's defence that ball seems to keep awfully low.

From what you have seen, and watched of his development, is Sodhi a genuine limited over contender (even for a trial) in the next few years if Santner is not Vettori mark 2?

(No disrespect or assumptions made of NMac.)

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
No I seriously think they'd go back to Devcich. Play him at 8 like Prince EWS has always wanted.

Howsie

International Captain
Sodhi would be my pick as the number one spinner for the ODI team. I think, and especially if we keep making 300+ scores he'd be the best option. If you have a guy who can spin the ball both ways it might be a little harder to just stand their and try and whock him out of the park every third ball.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I like the look of Tastle.

Is there some really obvious reason he's still being overlooked?
He had a chance on the merry go round. Needs to get back in line. Also had a mixed "A Team" tour not long ago. He has subsequently made changes but his previous impressions are counting against him.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
English county sides should pick up all of Craig, Sodhi, Tastle and Santner for a new Next Top Jeets reality show.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Except counties could only get Craig and Sodhi a visa out of that lot, these days. Santner would need a few more ODI caps, but I guess he hasn't made the best impression on the English audience and they won't be beating down his door.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Except counties could only get Craig and Sodhi a visa out of that lot, these days. Santner would need a few more ODI caps, but I guess he hasn't made the best impression on the English audience and they won't be beating down his door.
Ah I forgot about that.

DVMace09

Cricket Spectator
Ha. In the batsmen's defence that ball seems to keep awfully low.

From what you have seen, and watched of his development, is Sodhi a genuine limited over contender (even for a trial) in the next few years if Santner is not Vettori mark 2?

(No disrespect or assumptions made of NMac.)
Is Sodhi a genuine limited overs contender? Not for a few years.

Is Santner DV 2.0? No. He's a very good batsman who can bowl some very tight left arm tweakers.

I'm still hedging my bets on #BhupinderGoesInternational. Spin bowler and a reality show all in one.

Episode eight; 'Bhupinder loses contract in an ICC illegal action crackdown'

Episode twelve; 'Bhupinder makes Test debut when injuries and stats force NZC into a decision between him and Bucko'

Episode one hundred and twenty-six; 'Bhupinder takes first international five-for in friendly match against Omar Under-15s'

Is Sodhi a genuine limited overs contender? Not for a few years.

Is Santner DV 2.0? No. He's a very good batsman who can bowl some very tight left arm tweakers.

I'm still hedging my bets on #BhupinderGoesInternational. Spin bowler and a reality show all in one.

Episode eight; 'Bhupinder loses contract in an ICC illegal action crackdown'

Episode twelve; 'Bhupinder makes Test debut when injuries and stats force NZC into a decision between him and Bucko'

Episode one hundred and twenty-six; 'Bhupinder takes first international five-for in friendly match against Omar Under-15s'
Whereas DV was a good middle order bat with economical left arm swing.