• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Played Root. You do NOT give a player of this class 2 let-offs, especially on a track like this.

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
You're kidding right? Current RR 7.43 with 27 overs to go & 7 wickets in hand.
Perhaps I'm just a cynical bastard, but I just can't see England sustaining this. That would mean Root would have to make 170+, which I can't see him doing. Again, perhaps after years of watching England grind it out, I'm blind to the possibility of a big score from England.

91Jmay

International Coach
Wouldn't mind 5 or so overs of knocking it around now. Before final charge in last 20. Appreciate change of tactic and approve massively of it but have to balance it with smart cricket.

Spark

Global Moderator
Now it'll be 15 overs of conservative batting.
Fair enough too. Long time to bat...

Somewhat interesting that BMac hasn't front-loaded like he did in the WC, but I guess his bowlers didn't get whacked around like this in the WC.

Zinzan

And there we go...
Yup, that changes things. All your fault, well played.

If these two can consolidate and even tick it over at 5s to be around 230 by the 35th over, there's still a decent chance of scoring 170 in the last 15 including the PP.

ajdude

International Coach
the data showing that england can shut up shop and still have a 71% chance of winning with 270 on the board

Zinzan

Fair enough too. Long time to bat...

Somewhat interesting that BMac hasn't front-loaded like he did in the WC, but I guess his bowlers didn't get whacked around like this in the WC.
Yeah, quite the opposite, had NMac on in the 5th over. Was absolutely nothing for the quickies with the new nut.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah that's true, though Anderson is kinda superfluous to the point
Not really, the fact that they have a lot of faith in Anderson (nominally the fifth bowler) at the death allows them to load up at the start with their main bowlers.