• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2015

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Re: Samuels debut series, was it that series where Macgill dropped Lara early in Sydney (off Miller?) and then he went onto smash 150+?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Re: Samuels debut series, was it that series where Macgill dropped Lara early in Sydney (off Miller?) and then he went onto smash 150+?
Yeah Lara made 150+ in that Test, yeah. I can't recall whether MacGill dropped him off the top of my head, but it sounds vaguely familiar.

Is Dowrich a keeper? Some odd comments on cricinfo about who was keeping.
Yep, FC 'keeper. Ramdin will have the gloves here though, unless he manages to injure himself.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Drop Chanders to play a keeper bat. Won't look good if he doesnt get runs.
Tbf Dowrich is one of our best young batsmen and has been gun at FC level for 2 years now, as well as scoring runs in the warm up match. Once they dropped Shiv, he was the logical inclusion, particularly as the opening options are so poor they are forcing young Hope to bat there even though he is very clearly not a top order batsman at this stage.

Lots of spin already, this is going to be a big chance for Bishoo to really impress, I hope he doesn't blow it. First we need to get 300 plus and give him something to bowl at.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Is there any bounce and pace for spin bowlers? Or, is it only a slow and low square turner?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
It's been mediocre batting but this won't be a high scoring game. Can see this getting pretty tough to bat on.

Spark

Global Moderator
After drinks it's been excellent stuff all-round from us but geez WI. Put a shift in.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Tbf Dowrich is one of our best young batsmen and has been gun at FC level for 2 years now, as well as scoring runs in the warm up match. Once they dropped Shiv, he was the logical inclusion, particularly as the opening options are so poor they are forcing young Hope to bat there even though he is very clearly not a top order batsman at this stage.

Lots of spin already, this is going to be a big chance for Bishoo to really impress, I hope he doesn't blow it. First we need to get 300 plus and give him something to bowl at.
Debut at 4 against Australia is a very big ask.