• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dear Kolpaks,

DVMace09

Cricket Spectator
Go home.

Yours sincerely,

Devon.

For Dan x

NAME AND SHAME

A list of every foreigner to play in the County Championship since the 08-05-2003 Kolpak Ruling (to be updated whenever I can be arsed)

1. Chris Bassano (Derbyshire 2003-2005)
2. Michael di Venuto (Derbyshire 2003-2006, Durham 2007-2012)
3. Andrew Gait (Derbyshire 2003-2004)
4. Hasan Adnan (Derbyshire 2003-2007)
5. Paul Havell (Derbyshire 2003-2005)
6. Mohammad Kaif (Derbyshire 2003)
7. Mohammad Ali (Derbyshire 2003-2004, Middlesex 2006)
8. Shahid Afridi (Derbshire 2003)
9. Martin Love (Durham 2003, Northamptonshire 2004-2005)
10. Dewald Pretorious (Durham 2003, Warwickshire 2004-2005)
11. Shoaib Akhtar (Durham 2003-2004, Worcestershire 2005, Surrey 2008)
12. Javagal Srinath (Durham 2003)
13. Ashley Thorpe (Durham 2003)
14. Scott Brant (Essex 2003-2004)
15. Andy Flower (Essex 2003-2006)
16. Joe Grant (Essex 2003)
17. Nasser Hussain (Essex 2003-2004)
18. Adrian McCoubrey (Essex 2003-2004)
19. Mohammad Akram (Essex 2003, Sussex 2004, Surrey 2005-2007)
20. Ryan ten Doeschate (Essex 2003-2015)

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Adrian McCoubrey comes from Northern Ireland and is thus British.

And Nasser Hussain always held a British passport. His mother was British.

DVMace09

Cricket Spectator
Adrian McCoubrey comes from Northern Ireland and is thus British.

And Nasser Hussain always held a British passport. His mother was British.
Hussain's still a foreigner.

And McCoubrey indeed comes from Northern Ireland, which is part of the Ireland Cricket Board's jurisdiction, not the England & Wales CB.

HeathDavisSpeed

Neither are foreigners. Both were eligible for British passports at birth. Adrian McCoubrey only had one passport option. They are not foreigners. Your definition is poked.

DVMace09

Cricket Spectator
Neither are foreigners. Both were eligible for British passports at birth. Adrian McCoubrey only had one passport option. They are not foreigners. Your definition is poked.
My definition (for the purposes of this tongue-in-cheek thread) is born outside of the ECB area (ie. England...and Wales...and that's it).

Although I was tempted to consider Yorkshire foreign.

HeathDavisSpeed

Yes, I get your definition, but your opening post doesn't state that. It says 'foreigners' and it's bull**** anyway if the thread is about Kolpaks as both McCoubrey and Hussain would have been eligible for England with no issues. If the thread is about Kolpaks, your list should be of players taking advantage of the Kolpak ruling, not about general foreigners by any definition anyway.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
While wanting little to do with this thread and regardless of whether I agree or disagree with it, the Good Friday Agreement recognises the right of those born in Northern Ireland to hold British or Irish citizenship. McCoubrey had at least two passport options.

HeathDavisSpeed

While wanting little to do with this thread and regardless of whether I agree or disagree with it, the Good Friday Agreement recognises the right of those born in Northern Ireland to hold British or Irish citizenship. McCoubrey had at least two passport options.
McCoubrey was born well before the Good Friday Agreement, so had ignored that premise. Chances are he was probably eligible for an Irish passport somewhere along the lines though anyway.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If you even dream of kicking out Mohammed Ali, you better wake up and apologise.