• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, Bell and Anderson might not have long left. Broad could carry on a while yet and Cook will for a good few years. It is up to a few others to put their hands up though as we rely too much on Root and Cook at present. Ballance having a tough series has really hurt us.
I think our next two series could persuade some of the older guys to call it a day by the start of next summer. Likeliest outcome is heavy defeats against Aus & SA, which might knock the stuffing out of Bell & Anderson. That's quite understandable for Anderson, but less so for Bell who really should be at the peak of his powers right now. One of the most frustrating players I've seen over the last 40 years.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Best all-round performance by NZ in a test? In the sense that practically everyone contributed - KW missed out with the bat but was the surprise package with the ball today, Taylor assisted Guptill with the counterattack on Sunday, and Henry bowled well today even with the one wicket to show for it.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Such a damn shame this is just 2 tests. Awesome win for NZ, but does anyone else feel in hindsight they missed a massive opportunity for a series win? Will be ruing that collapse at Lord's.
I thought the second Test more closely reflected what I pre-series thought to be the gap in skill between the sides. The Test at Lord's was England's for playing very well. I'm ruing the loss because I had $100 on the BCs to win 2-0 at $7, and it was damn close in the end.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Via cricinfo..

Highest 3rd innings average for NZ (min 500 runs)

Highest RR in a test match (min 150 overs)

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ODI squad.

Eoin Morgan (Middlesex, capt), Sam Billings (Kent), Jos Buttler (Lancashire), Steven Finn (Middlesex), Alex Hales (Nottinghamshire), Chris Jordan (Sussex), Liam Plunkett (Yorkshire), Adil Rashid (Yorkshire), Joe Root (Yorkshire), Jason Roy (Surrey), Ben Stokes (Durham), James Taylor (Nottinghamshire), David Willey (Northamptonshire), Mark Wood (Durham)

Not sure what Wood is doing there happy enough with the rest of it.

Zinzan

Here's the split-screen of Williamson before & after the ban Nasser brought up. The right shot Hamilton 2013

BeeGee

International Captain
Congrats to NZ on a great comeback after the first test.

Oh, if only there was a third test...

1-1 seems like an appropriate result for two evenly matched teams.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Had to leave the house just as the tenth fell. Well done to NZ though. A drawn series a fair reflection IMO.

mightymariner

U19 12th Man
Congrats to NZ, great series this. Thanks for providing me with some entertainment at Headingley for a couple of days (or at least Trent Boult for getting sledged by the fans)

Zinzan

Weird that NZ drop below India in spite of securing an away series draw against the team that spanked India less than 12 months ago.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Congrats to NZ. 1-1 a fair result for the series IMO.
Yeah. If there are two tests and one side win each it's hard to argue anything but. An NZ win may have looked more likely for a bulk of the first but it means little in the end.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
What is the next NZ test series?
Supposed to tour Australia later in the year (ie. for the first half of their summer, the word is that the Windies will get the boxing day and new year fixtures). Australia then tour New Zealand around Feb/Mar. Recall reading that NZ will host SL in between those two series.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Great victory for New Zealand. Kudos to McCullum. Most captains would not have been able to get a win in this test for their team.