• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Played NZ, fully deserved.

Really good series, think I would have taken a 1-1 at the start of the series. Plenty of decent things to have come out of it from and England point of view. Plenty of concerns as well but this is a new side, not going to expect consistency.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
If someone had said earlier today that Boult, Southee and Henry would have 3 wickets between them when the new ball was taken all of us would have expected a draw. To lose 5 wickets to those spinners at Headingley is pathetic.
To be fair, there's certainly been enough purchase. McCullum deserves a lot of credit for how he's used the two of them, giving them Craig a chance to bowl good spells and settle in, while throwing it to Williamson occasionally to break the batsman's rhythm, as they get used to how much the ball is spinning from one bowler.

And with the big breeze, not really worth using the quicks into it too much.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Padding up to the off-spinner who you'd expect be turning it towards the stumps just about sums us up in this game.

Well done NZ, who have completely outplayed us. But we really have been dreadful once again.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Great series, thought New Zealand were probably slightly better overall but that could be my bias. Kudos to Cook and Stokes for raising their profile and to Root and Lyth as well.

I think all of the Black Caps' batsmen hit a 50 and all of the bowlers took 4 wickets at some point in this series, so it was a solid all-round effort.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Yes!!!!!!!!!! 1am in Japan.

5 elementary classes today but I'll be basking in this victory throughout the day.

Slightly bittersweet since we should have won at Lord's or at least drawed.

I remember 1999 very well.