• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, I think that's why Baz was willing to put up so many runs this morning -- he knows that whether its 380 or 450, England aren't going to try to chase it anyway. 450 gives him the extra buffer to go all-out attack with his bowlers for longer and it hasn't taken any time out of the game.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
England leading 1-0 wouldn't try to chase anything over 250 actively.

What I mean is, their main aim is still going to be survival and runs will take a back seat. They may still chase it down, who the **** knows, but winning would not be their goal when they began their innings.
Had there been no rain, surviving the overs would probably have meant we'd have reached the target (though not guaranteed depending on how the game unfolded)

Obviously if there's no play until tomorrow, forget about us looking at this one. And rightly so.

No time for being prepared to lose to win a Test if drawing wins you the series. Up yours Shane.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Well this just sucks from a NZ POV, but the possibility of major rain delays no doubt played a part in the side's approach throughout the game. Have to hope for a full day tomorrow and would then probably back England to play out the draw.

mightymariner

U19 12th Man
Just got back from Headingley, bit of a disappointment with the weather. Is still raining though unfort, first session was really good viewing. Shame it degraded to cheering when they were roping and the stewards stepped over the rope.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Would have to have a separate ODI tour down the road though. I'd be fine with that but the ODI's have to be played.
I am not a fan of a lot of ODIs tbh. The less the better. I don't care about them but I guess they bring in money.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah, I think that's why Baz was willing to put up so many runs this morning -- he knows that whether its 380 or 450, England aren't going to try to chase it anyway. 450 gives him the extra buffer to go all-out attack with his bowlers for longer and it hasn't taken any time out of the game.
Love McCullum's captaincy. Such a fresh approach. Some times I might want some thing else but I still prefer him to dull, mundane captains who do things just because they have been done that way. New Zealand has some great players right now but he is the man who has given them what they needed to play so well.

BeeGee

International Captain
Would have to have a separate ODI tour down the road though. I'd be fine with that but the ODI's have to be played.
Yeah, but do we have to play five of the bastards? I miss the old standard three tests, three ODIs (no T20) tours of my youth.

****ing accountants. Those bastards are going to be the first against the wall when the revolution comes.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Forecast not looking good for tomorrow either. Unless England absolutely implode in the morning I think they're gonna get away with this. :(

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Forecast not looking good for tomorrow either. Unless England absolutely implode in the morning I think they're gonna get away with this. :(
That is the trouble with the May series, invariably one of the tests is ruined by rain so if you get a chance to win you need to take it. We both had chances last week and this but it looks like we dropped lucky with the weather. Not saying this is a draw yet but it looks that way right now if we lose any more overs.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, but do we have to play five of the bastards? I miss the old standard three tests, three ODIs (no T20) tours of my youth.

****ing accountants. Those bastards are going to be the first against the wall when the revolution comes.
I know they're not the cup of tee for your average CWer, but that's not really a true reflection of your average cricket fan. They're one day, while tests our five. Don't think it's too much to ask for a couple extra ODIs in a summer. It's the T20Is I'd keep to a minimum (one per tour IMO). Personally I can't really be bothered to get up for an English ODI at the moment, while we're at a really interesting time in the tests. But too many people are big fans of them and they're too much of a money maker for that reason to reduce them.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
People like going to them for sure. I don't actually know any English cricket fan, serious or casual, who actually prefers them to tests though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
People like going to them for sure. I don't actually know any English cricket fan, serious or casual, who actually prefers them to tests though.
Yeah, same.

Am going to one in this series though and i am looking forwards to it

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England are the masters of rain delay. I don't know how they do it, but it always seems to rain when they are in trouble.