• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

JediNudist

U19 Debutant
Went to bed at 17-2 at 10pm (Perth time) and so was pleasantly surprised we were at 338-6. Could have been worse. I almost threw the remote at the TV when Williamson got out after Broad kept blowing there outside off ball after ball and Williamson , after leaving the first dozen finally took the bait
I love Watling. Awesome test keeper for NZ and he does it again, Gritty hundred when NZ needed it most. History says 400 will be enough . No side had chased down 400 to win at Leeds since 1948.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'd you have to keep England thinking they're in it. 390 the absolute max target to set IMO. Don't give them the chance to shut up shop entirely.

JediNudist

U19 Debutant
Watling :wub: love him so much

Think we should bat for about 85 overs or so (if we last that long) and get 50-60 runs more and then send them in.
400 should be enough I think . need to have enough time to bowl em out and maintain not having lost a series for two years. No side has chased 400 at Leeds since 1948 .

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I'd you have to keep England thinking they're in it. 390 the absolute max target to set IMO. Don't give them the chance to shut up shop entirely.
yeah awta. Cook's comfort zone is being able to bat in a bubble. We need to keep the blokes at the other end tempted and let the pressure rub off onto him.

JediNudist

U19 Debutant
I dunno, 400 is psychological. They may think a 3 sessions tomorrow and a full day on Tuesday and think hmmmm try and have a go and NZ can snare some wickets,

Days of Grace

International Captain
It's Captain Cook with a 1-0 lead. They won't score above 3rpo unless we serve up pies.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
It's Captain Cook with a 1-0 lead. They won't score above 3rpo unless we serve up pies.
Even if they do shut up shop in response to a declaration, Cook is the only one with the patience to bat and bat and bat like that, so maybe we can get wickets at the other end and chip him out somewhere along the line. Probably Craig or Henry the most likely to get him as those two make him play the most.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Even if they do shut up shop in response to a declaration, Cook is the only one with the patience to bat and bat and bat like that, so maybe we can get wickets at the other end and chip him out somewhere along the line. Probably Craig or Henry the most likely to get him as those two make him play the most.
yes my thoughts exactly.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
I look like a walking wicket, yet I have never scored 55 unbeaten runs in a test match (or in any kind of real match possibly). Credit where credit's due.
You know what i mean. He looks like a big lbw/bowled candidate with that backlift. It's what England were targetting yday.

Jezroy

State Captain
You know what i mean. He looks like a big lbw/bowled candidate with that backlift. It's what England were targetting yday.
Yes I see what you're saying, but as long as he's getting runs I don't care how he looks. If I cared how batsmen looked, I wouldn't have revelled in the unorthodoxy if D Vettori.