• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I WAS here after the quarter finals actually and you're welcome to check my posting history as Flem and others were giving me stick. Regarding the test series i was very disappointed with how my own side contrived to lose that series and at the time it was better for me to step away from the forum rather than get myself in trouble...so i actually took the MATURE approach. This is a cricket forum buddy...and if WI lose to Aus i'm not gonna moan if you or anyone else start posting on the thread...because that's just petty imo.
Maturity? Did you really just say that?

The only 'mature' aspect to your posting style is the font you use.

flibbertyjibber

One plus for NZ fans is they might not have to read a certain amount of drivel after the next test whatever the result of that if that person carries on.

Who knew that the reason NZ lost was because Brathwaite is a better opener than the NZ guys?

So looking forward to the 2nd test, if it is half as good as this one just gone it'll be a cracker. Would imagine England will be unchanged and NZ are sweating on Watling and Anderson. Could Watling open and Latham bat lower down and keep?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I hope you didn't spend too long making that image Bahnz.

For more than one reason actually. :p
The sad truth (for both me and WW) is that I made it ages ago - I think when WW was losing the plot over Narine getting called for chucking.

Zinzan

Thought Piers Morgan maybe eating humble pie...this is the closest I found

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
No baby out with the bathwater from NZers.

Besides the application of the tail (by the sounds of it, I missed it), the talk of over-aggressiveness is being exaggerated. At Lords, even with an extra guy on the fence, it's quite possible to score comfortably anyway. The issue was not the fields, it was the inability to apply pressure from Craig when the big partnerships were underway, and bowling two sides of the wicket (Boult, Southee in particular spells).

And those getting into Southee, you know what he looked like? A guy straight back from a T20 tournament.
Yeah these are all good points. The over-aggressiveness was probably more mindset (overpitched attempted magic balls) then fields.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Honestly would field the same XI for the next match if Watling is all good to go. Don't need to dump Craig just yet.
I'm done with him for this tour in these seam friendly conditions. Why can't we have an accurate spinner. Also Bracewell would be a welcome addition at number 8 for batting. Caveat unless OT is a bunsen.