• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Cook has all his weight on his back foot - at some stage in this series he will be caught in the covers or midwicket.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i forgot that by wanting Cook to score some runs and stay in the team, i would have to watch him score runs

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have to say that if at the start of play yesterday you had offered me England being in front with 3 wickets down in their 2nd innings i'd have taken that. We now have that but still a long way to go to save this game.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Game on. England still need 2 more good partnerships to set a challenging total. Cant help but think that, even if England set 270, the seam bowling attack is too out of sorts to defend it.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Perhaps a problem for both sides going forward is neither have a spinner good enough to truelly block an end for a while.

I still think the loss of Swann is the biggest issue we have had in our fall.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Game on. England still need 2 more good partnerships to set a challenging total. Cant help but think that, even if England set 270, the seam bowling attack is too out of sorts to defend it.
Bowl like we did first session yesterday and we at least make a game of it. Otherwise, forget it.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
That is true. If we bat for the rest of today (which is still a tough ask) then we would have a 220 lead or so. That would put NZ still miles ahead. If, somehow, we manage to set a chase that is difficult then England would have to bowl NZ out in less thn 70 overs.

Hard to see how England win this without an all mighty capitulation from NZ.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
I don't think there's a chance of a win unless the skies are vicious tomorrow. The pitch is still great.

Craig is bowling some real pies.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
That is true. If we bat for the rest of today (which is still a tough ask) then we would have a 220 lead or so. That would put NZ still miles ahead. If, somehow, we manage to set a chase that is difficult then England would have to bowl NZ out in less thn 70 overs.

Hard to see how England win this without an all mighty capitulation from NZ.
Should be looking for a much bigger lead if we're still in at the close.

The evening session should be all about cashing in if they do the grunt work in the afternoon; particularly given England's batsmen to come the evening session could be carnage.