• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Thank god Warne just left the box. A spinner takes a wicket followed by the 1 brings 2. He'd be rolling out the add two to the score cliche.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Good selections for the BCs for this game. Feel for Rutherford and Wagner - their replacements get 4 wickets and 70 runs, that's gotta make you feel like your time is up.

Antihippy

International Debutant
Oh definitely, though the one thing I noticed about him during the indian series is that he is very inconsistent in landing it on the seam or skin. Which actually works out well for him in getting natural variation.

This pitch just doesn't look like it's spinning so far though.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
I thought Guptill looked excellent - he's essentially the same batsman as he was in the CWC, but he's exploiting the luxury of a) being able to leave as many balls as he likes and b) not being under pressure to hit sixes. He was clearly very comfortable out there, was solid to a ball that was swinging a bit, and got out to a very good piece of fielding.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Oh definitely, though the one thing I noticed about him during the indian series is that he is very inconsistent in landing it on the seam or skin. Which actually works out well for him in getting natural variation.

This pitch just doesn't look like it's spinning so far though.
Very early days though. If England can stay in contention, Ali may be a more consistent threat in the 4th innings,

To date, there's no escaping the fact that NZ's quicks >>> England's quicks, and even if England do restrict NZ's reply, there's every chance of a 2nd innings collapse handing the game to the Kiwis.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
I thought Guptill looked excellent - he's essentially the same batsman as he was in the CWC, but he's exploiting the luxury of a) being able to leave as many balls as he likes and b) not being under pressure to hit sixes. He was clearly very comfortable out there, was solid to a ball that was swinging a bit, and got out to a very good piece of fielding.
That's good to hear, haven't been able to watch any play. Don't know how much NZ will be able to get out of him in tests but he's a better bet than Ruds at this stage.

Wouldn't say Rutherford and Wagner should be too disheartened, not Wagner anyway. The fact that Bracewell was included in the last test shows Hesson is happy to have these guys around providing real competition for the third seamer's slot. Rutherford's inability to improve in 2 years could cost him though.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Right arm fast-medium on both ends didn't work out that well.
True, but I think the general idea is to start with at least one of your most threatening bowlers after a break. And whilst I don't think Anderson and Broad are as great as some would have us believe, they do have around 500 test wickets between them. Seems it was only a single over from Root though.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just had my first chance to check out the score for a couple of hours - did no one tell New Zealand they were supposed to roll over?