• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Mark Craig truly has a gorgeous bowling action. In fact our entire bowling attack are aesthetically pleasing. Great to watch.

Flametree

International 12th Man
Genuinely don't understand the umpire's call on hitting in line. It's either hit him in line or it hasn't! The hitting the stumps thing I get, there's a margin of error to consider. But if the law says any part of the ball hits in line, then that should be out. If the law says all the ball has to hit in line, it's not out. If the law says half the ball has to hit in line, then again it's either out or not. Does my head in....

Riggins

International Captain
Genuinely don't understand the umpire's call on hitting in line. It's either hit him in line or it hasn't! The hitting the stumps thing I get, there's a margin of error to consider. But if the law says any part of the ball hits in line, then that should be out. If the law says all the ball has to hit in line, it's not out. If the law says half the ball has to hit in line, then again it's either out or not. Does my head in....
Too sensible.

indiaholic

International Captain
yep.. The umpire's call business should only apply to the predictive part of the review.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
I think umpires call is more to keep the status quo of batsman get the benefit of doubt, rather than margin of error issues.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Volty, David Shepherd's legs aren't up in the air. They buried him horizontally a few years ago.

Enjoying the CW commentary