• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in West Indies 2015

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He has his mojo back since the ashes away. Maybe the rib story was true, bowled well last summer and very well in this series. Ignore the one day stuff in winter, red ball and a few slips in and he still has it. Long may it continue.

Spark

Global Moderator
He has his mojo back since the ashes away. Maybe the rib story was true, bowled well last summer and very well in this series. Ignore the one day stuff in winter, red ball and a few slips in and he still has it. Long may it continue.
The concern is that he's (a) overbowled and (b) even in this series, still heavily reliant on the new ball. MOTS for sure though for me.

flibbertyjibber

The concern is that he's (a) overbowled and (b) even in this series, still heavily reliant on the new ball. MOTS for sure though for me.
Agree with that, only have to look back to his display at Trent Bridge in last ashes in England, bowled really well but was overbowled and hardly did a thing after his new ball spells in the remaining tests as was burnt out. Being older now he surely needs looking after better.

Spark

Global Moderator
That is dreadful.

I know this is in direct contradiction to what to what was said earlier on but Cook's catching technique there is really poor. No give in his hands at all, his elbows being tucked into his chest like that can't help.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Yeah should have taken that. Never really been convinced with him in slips but other than Jordan we don't have any real outstanding candidates to replace him there.

OverratedSanity

Thought his figures flattered him in the SL series. Been brilliant here though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
That's a magnificent back foot drive from Samuels.

One of those chaps who I can't help but think should have a far higher average than he does. It's on the climb, but he does have a touch of class about him.