• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in West Indies 2015

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I put some serious money on England win before this test...Hope the rain stays away for the next 2 days

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's enough weldone for one day I think. cbf explaining why comparing Cook with philander is laughable.

Anyway, Cricinfo just said "Root has just popped a bill. Maybe for his back". Didn't know he has back issues... is it a long standing problem?
Had a problem last test match but still managed to bowl. Something to keep an eye on in the coming months I guess. May just be a minor temporary problem.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Haha we're not having much luck in this game are we?

I hope they keep fighting, in the past this sort of thing would lead to a rag tag final session.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Why not take the new ball?

Shocking decision.
I actually think there's logic to not immediately taking the new ball against 2 well set batsmen; often taking the new ball just means it travels to the boundary faster.

I'll qualify that by stating that I've not been watching the game thus far and this logic doesn't extend to throwing the ball to a hack part-timer instead.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Wasn't he supposed to break all records for most runs, most centuries, most cover drives, most historically-ignorant speeches and end up with something like 20,000 test runs till about 2 years ago?

Yes, some people are really so thick that I can't imagine.
nah but root will

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I actually think there's logic to not immediately taking the new ball against 2 well set batsmen; often taking the new ball just means it travels to the boundary faster.

I'll qualify that by stating that I've not been watching the game thus far and this logic doesn't extend to throwing the ball to a hack part-timer instead.
Root hadn't been in that long and Ballance was still scratching around, they flew along in the extra overs and were then totally set.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Drinking red wine, watching England ease to wiping out a deficit and being glad I'm not weldone. What an evening.