• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
The Moneyballers in our midst suggest NZ Domestic Cricketer of the Year Andrew Ellis! That's when we'll know Hesson has gone full abacus.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Sam Wells to be our Stuart Binny. His understated indie rock vibe is all wrong for agribusiness, but ideal for English spring conditions.

Any other NZ coach and captain than McHesson, it may well have been Wells tbh.
Mate, I could get right on board with a bit of this. Get him in there. Would go great guns. Really is a thinking man's cricketer, and could do a lot of damage with the pill.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Mate, I could get right on board with a bit of this. Get him in there. Would go great guns. Really is a thinking man's cricketer, and could do a lot of damage with the pill.

The young NZ fan would look at that footage and think 'he's got a funky bowling action and he's not very dynamic, he's like....English or something'.

If you were looking for a handful of our cricketers who would relish England in May, I think you'd put Wells in there for sure.

Flem274*

123/5
Sam Wells has underachieved with the bat imo. His conversion rate is shocking and when you watch him bat he looks very competent. I remember his 70 odd in the Milne rampage on a green seamer a few years ago was a class above.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
too much being made of the 'bowler friendly' conditions for mine.

lords is a roady road and so is headingley if the sun dares to come out. new zealand got blown out by swann of all people last time round in leeds.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
CdG upset at not being mentioned in the medium-pace triers who could use English conditions well category. Also replaces Corey J in the DLF Maximum sweepstakes.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man

The young NZ fan would look at that footage and think 'he's got a funky bowling action and he's not very dynamic, he's like....English or something'.

If you were looking for a handful of our cricketers who would relish England in May, I think you'd put Wells in there for sure.
Glorious. Absolutely glorious. Was that Shanan Stewart he got third wicket in the sequence there? That makes my heart sing. And those last couple of shots against Gillespie just ooze class.

But seriously, he's an interesting combination of best haircut/dress sense in the Otago team and a law degree. Could really offer a lot to numerous aspects of the NZ team.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah too sly and quirky a cat for a McHesson side I think, but I'd love to see him get an international cap. If he was a Wellingtonian he'd have quit the game by now.

Spark

Global Moderator
Last year's Lord's pitch was not flat. In fact, an accurate medium-fast bowler who can control movement would have dominated on last year's pitch.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Last year's Lord's pitch was not flat. In fact, an accurate medium-fast bowler who can control movement would have dominated on last year's pitch.
Was that the match where Bhuvi pulled out that gun all round performance?

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
If it's Brownlie at 6 to replace the injured Anderson & Neesham; then that's a startlingly similar starting 11 to 2013. 10 of the 11 will be the same.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
If it's Brownlie at 6 to replace the injured Anderson & Neesham; then that's a startlingly similar starting 11 to 2013. 10 of the 11 will be the same.
Fulton and B. Martin played in the 1st test. Wagner played too - might not be playing.

In the 2nd test there was no spinner and no Watling (BMac kept and batted 7 with Guptill at 6) - four seamers (Boult, Southee, Wagner, Bracewell).

I really hope that Henry plays both tests.