• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in West Indies 2015

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Indeed. Sachinesque in his refusal to bat anywhere else.
Best Sachin won't bat 3 moment for me was in the Mohali test vs Australia in 2013. Dhawan got injured, so Pujara had to open. When a wicket fell, everyone thought finally after 24 years, Sachin will come out at 3. Instead he trolled everyone by sending out Kohli :laugh:

OverratedSanity

Maybe, but why should he be the one to make sacrifices when his application is on a whole other level to every West Indian batsman since Lara.
It could help stem collapses if he came out at 4 tbh. Has its cons too though, so I'm not 100% sure myself whether he should.

Daemon

Maybe, but why should he be the one to make sacrifices when his application is on a whole other level to every West Indian batsman since Lara.
So are you saying he should put himself ahead of the team?

Everything else has failed so he should at least give it a go imo.

Last edited:

Uppercut

So are you saying he should put himself ahead of the team?
I don't know whether you would be correct to accuse him of that. But he's so, so much less guilty of it than basically every other West Indian batsman over the course of his career that it seems churlish to even be talking about it.

Daemon

I don't know whether you would be correct to accuse him of that. But he's so, so much less guilty of it than basically every other West Indian batsman over the course of his career that it seems churlish to even be talking about it.
Nah I don't think he actually does put himself above the team. I think he feels he just won't make as many runs and be less useful to the team batting higher up and the team won't benefit from it, which is fair enough if that's the reason.

If his reason for not batting higher up is because he's thinking why should I sacrifice when all these other ********s should just try to bat properly, then I think there's a problem with that line of thinking.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Pretty much England's mission statement for that session - get Shiv.

Don't quite agree with Spark on comms that'll be over before tea but it'll take something special to save the game now.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Now I'm with you.

Yup, he's either taking the piss or being completely delusional.
Unfortunately there are plenty of cricketers that only think about cricket from the time they can remember. In fact plenty of people in all walks of life.

TBF, I'd rather not let this nonsense get in the way of saying "well done Jimmeh" when it happens, he's not a great IMHO, but he's been a stalwart for many years and so good luck to him. People say stupid things all the time, I haven't the energy to rail against all of them..

Stapel

International Regular
Unfortunately there are plenty of cricketers that only think about cricket from the time they can remember. In fact plenty of people in all walks of life.

TBF, I'd rather not let this nonsense get in the way of saying "well done Jimmeh" when it happens, he's not a great IMHO, but he's been a stalwart for many years and so good luck to him. People say stupid things all the time, I haven't the energy to rail against all of them..
What I find most impressive about Jimmey is that he has (nearly) 400 wickets at 30 a piece (indeed no comparrison with the true greats like McGrath, Ambrose, Marshall or whomever), whereas his average used to be what...... 37 or so halfway his career? He is possibly the most improving/improved fast bowler ever. It would be interesting to do the stats on the latter half of his career.

OverratedSanity

What I find most impressive about Jimmey is that he has (nearly) 400 wickets at 30 a piece (indeed no comparrison with the true greats like McGrath, Ambrose, Marshall or whomever), whereas his average used to be what...... 37 or so halfway his career? He is possibly the most improving/improved fast bowler ever. It would be interesting to do the stats on the latter half of his career.
Averages around 26 since 2010.

Spark

Global Moderator
He started averaging about 30 a few years ago and has stubbornly maintained that average ever since