• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in West Indies 2015

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Finally, the inevitable departure of Devon Smith. Hope we see some Stokes and Jordan soon. Not much point picking Jordan (well yea) if he's not going to bowl when the ball does nowt.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What the **** is Samuels doing? ***y shots but what's he really gaining from those sixes and is it worth the risk?

edit: and it nearly results in an other one. I really can't understand what's going through their heads.

we're yorkshire

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
So what is the general opinion of this England side? For me Trott has to go, Cook needs to at least take some time off, Buttler isn't good enough with the gloves, and Jordan doesn't really offer anything.
Other than that though, Ballance, Root and Stokes look to be a great base for the future, and Bell looks solid. I was against the Treadwell selection, but hes looked good.
Is there any possibility of a Tremlett/Onions/Bresnan return?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Carn Jimmeh. Need to leave the house in 10 minutes so get this wicket soon - I've been waiting 5 years for this.

Daemon

Oh look, here's something we've never seen before. It's going to be Chanderpaul left with just a couple of batsmen to come and a mountain to climb thanks to dumb cricket from his teammates.

91Jmay

International Coach
So what is the general opinion of this England side? For me Trott has to go, Cook needs to at least take some time off, Buttler isn't good enough with the gloves, and Jordan doesn't really offer anything.
Other than that though, Ballance, Root and Stokes look to be a great base for the future, and Bell looks solid. I was against the Treadwell selection, but hes looked good.
Buttler should be kept with for a long time. Has scored plenty of runs so far and no other options. Also think his keeping is work in progress but getting better. Lyth should have played this test and should get an extended run. Cook will stay, just have to hope he can get back to being a low 40s opener. I would hope none of those 3 have a chance, well past their best. Ali will be back in next test, depending on pitch for Jordan I would expect.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Buttler should be kept with for a long time. Has scored plenty of runs so far and no other options. Also think his keeping is work in progress but getting better. Lyth should have played this test and should get an extended run. Cook will stay, just have to hope he can get back to being a low 40s opener. I would hope none of those 3 have a chance, well past their best. Ali will be back in next test, depending on pitch for Jordan I would expect.
Beat me to it on all points.

flibbertyjibber

No idea if we are good or not, will find out this summer. I'd not have picked Trott to open as he isn't an opener. A year ago i'd have agreed over Buttler but he has done well so far and even that chance today was a hard one which not many of our keepers since Russell would have taken.

I'd say no to Tremlett (pace gone) Onions (same) and Bresnan is no better than Woakes so go with the younger man in the long run.