• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in West Indies 2015

Howe_zat

Audio File
Some players have what's called a 'high ceiling', and can give performances below it

By this analogy James Tredwell lives between two floorboards, 4ft off the ground

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Such a shame that the tail hasn't backed up the really good work of the lower/middle over. We just needed to whittle the lead down to 50 or less and we were right in it.

To concede a lead of 100 is just too much to come back from. Oh well, I hope they bowl well and show some fight in the second innings.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
I'm more worried that he'll still be in the frame for the Ashes, where he really would be cannon fodder.

But respect where due - his figures are way better than anything I expected.
i think moeen would have to be spectacularly bad between now and the ashes to lose his spot considering just how superbly he bowled against india.

Beamer

Also Tredwell is really showing up Benn big style. Hardly a ball has deviated but he just plugged away, hardly bowled a single short ball and change his pace a lot.

It puts into perspective just how awful Benn was on day 1.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good performance by us there. Well done Tredders, not sure how you can let him get 4 wickets though.

So they bat for longer than us but are 100 behind, top stuff from us. Bat well now and push on tomorrow to make sure we have enough time to bowl them out on day 5.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Cook coming into bat 15 minutes before the Champions League starts. Lucky for me he'll probably get out in that time.

Last edited:

Beamer

Please let this be the last test I ever see Benn play? I can't take much more of this embarresment. What a let down for young Blackwood, he deserved much more commitment than that.

Niall

International Coach
Yep that's right. He's a complete idiot and it's infuriating that he is still in the side.
I'd be fuming with his attitude their, he simply could not give a ****. Taylor you suspect has totally lost all confidence with the bat, so no need to be as harsh on him, surely though Benn after contributing nothing with the ball and in the field would actually at least and get them past 300?

Waster.

Beamer

I'd be fuming with his attitude their, he simply could not give a ****. Taylor you suspect has totally lost all confidence with the bat, so no need to be as harsh on him, surely though Benn after contributing nothing with the ball and in the field would actually at least and get them past 300?

Waster.
He offers absolutely nothing to this side. His contribution in this match thus far:

- Awful bowling, completely releasing the pressure after an outstanding opening spell by our pacers.
- 2 dropped catches, one an absolute sitter
- A cowardly batting performance when a youngster was 112 not out at the other end

Where the hell is Bishoo?

OverratedSanity

Quite possibly the worst all round display by any cricketer I've seen tbh. Unless he does something second innings.

Uppercut

Why is he in the side? There must be a reason.
It's presumably to do with something internal in the WICB. Two selectors who don't get on each want someone different in the side, and when neither backs down they pick Benn as a compromise. Something like that.

Beamer

Why is he in the side? There must be a reason.
I was flabbergasted they picked him tbh. Still, maybe it's the new coaches first match, Benn is/was the incumbant and they wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.

He hasn't repaid their faith, I think it's fair to say...