• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL 2015 Thread

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah he was obviously struggling; should've just been looking to get Smith on strike rather than playing out seven dots and then trying to hit two huge sixes. I can't help but feel sometimes that the young Indian batsmen see the IPL more as a way to make a name for themselves by doing something amazing, as opposed to just analysing the situation and trying to contribute accordingly.
Desperate to make an impression and you can't really blame them for thinking "If I can go for everything today and it comes off, my career is made"

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Desperate to make an impression and you can't really blame them for thinking "If I can go for everything today and it comes off, my career is made"
Yeah exactly. Hard to be too critical of it given the circumstances but I definitely think it comes into play sometimes.

OverratedSanity

Is this what the FC decks are like? This would be glorious in a Test match, but in a T20 it's odd.
Yep. The last few years of domestic cricket have produced these sort of wickets with alarming regularity. It sucks balls for our future because what it does is create an assembly line of 120kph green track bullies.

Edit: Like these decks from time to time in t20 tbh. Low scorers can be great fun to watch.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is this what the FC decks are like?
The FC decks can definitely be covered by grass like this one, but they tend to be seamy and slowish rather than seamy with carry like this one from what I've seen. Medium pacers run through teams. This sort of pitch would be rare.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yep. The last few years of domestic cricket have produced these sort of wickets with alarming regularity. It sucks balls for our future because what it does is create an assembly line of 120kph green track bullies.
Yeah, same thing happened to us a few years back. Produces **** cricketers who excel at **** cricket. To be fair, though, this deck has bounce.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Turn on IPL for the first time this year and Steve Smith is churning out the runs. Who says it's different from test matches?

OverratedSanity

The FC decks can definitely be covered by grass like this one, but they tend to be seamy and slowish rather than seamy with carry like this one from what I've seen. Medium pacers run through teams. This sort of pitch would be rare.
The haryana pitches are pretty much always like this if I'm not wrong. Don't quite know if the zip is generally this alarming but it's there.

OverratedSanity

Sandeep such an obvious captain pick today for fantasy by the way. As soon as they showed the pitch, I said, yep Sandeep, you're captain.

Spark

Global Moderator
Johnson probably enjoys bowling on this more than any he played on in Australia this summer.