• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

37th Match - New Zealand v Bangladesh (13th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Antihippy

International Debutant
Probably the best possibly wicket in NZ for Bangers batsmen, generally slow and low with tennis ball bounce once the shine is off the ball.

Could be just the test NZ's batsmen need.
Really? I'd say that they did very well not to be 5 down by now.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Played son.

FMD that shot of the mozzies was mental, can't remember this in a game in NZ before.

Zinzan

Really? I'd say that they did very well not to be 5 down by now.
Wouldn't disagree, just saying this wicket suits them a lot more than the likes of Auckland & Wellington. Their spinners may be testing later if it gets slower and lower.

Lovely flight Vettori.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Such Sarkar. You might've been wondering why a player who looks like that has no First Class tons yet -- that's why.

viriya

International Captain
I feel like NZ will coast to the finals with matches in NZ favoring swing and then find out it doesn't work in Aus and go for runs.

Zinzan

I feel like NZ will coast to the finals with matches in NZ favoring swing and then find out it doesn't work in Aus and go for runs.
So you're effectively saying it won't swing at the MCG since that's the only relevant venue for them should they make the final, yeah?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So you're effectively saying it won't swing at the MCG since that's the only relevant venue for them should they make the final, yeah?
Definitely won't swing as much at the MCG as it does in New Zealand. Southee and Boult will still get movement though.

At the end of the day I think "****, maybe we'll lose the final" is a pretty good problem to have before the quarters have even started anyway. :p

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It's really an over-played issue.

There's still 2 new balls and it's not as if there's no swing in Australia for swing bowlers. Maybe the ball will get older quicker due to a harder pitch but it's still going to swing first up. They've swung it in South Africa, England, UAE, Windies, India, Sri Lanka...pretty sure they'll find swing at the MCG.

Zinzan

Definitely won't swing as much at the MCG as it does in New Zealand. Southee and Boult will still get movement though.

At the end of the day I think "****, maybe we'll lose the final" is a pretty good problem to have before the quarters have even started anyway. :p
Yup, not sure I've said it, but I'll be delighted if we made the final, just it's it own right, having never progressed past the semis.