• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your New Zealand World Cup Squad if selected today...

Flem274*

123/5
afghanistan are more likely to beat us than bangladesh because their attack suits NZ more and most importantly they have huge balls

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
We might blow them off the park if Southee has another demi god day. But I think you are getting into hyperbole to make your posts entertaining. You know the Bangers players as well as anyone and they have a good line up.

I would rate them to beat Ireland.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
afghanistan are more likely to beat us than bangladesh because their attack suits NZ more and most importantly they have huge balls
I reckon Matt Taylor would be Afghanistan's best bat if he played for them by some distance, Some of their bats would look out of place in the pearce cup.

Athlai

Not Terrible
We might blow them off the park if Southee has another demi god day. But I think you are getting into hyperbole to make your posts entertaining. You know the Bangers players as well as anyone and they have a good line up.

I would rate them to beat Ireland.
He just wants to infuriate me to numb the pain that comes from living in Hamilton.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
our team prior to the 2011 wc was probably the worst we've fielded though. it's easy to point at the names on the scorecard and call it a good win but they were playing like ****.

plus victories on their anti-cricket pitches mean nothing.

they're weaklings. i don't really chest beat these days but NZ will blow them off the park. they have no heart and lose from every winning position they can. plus rahim is the most annoying player in world cricket. watching test matches in bangladesh can be summarised thus:

-spin bowling allrounder bowls ordinary ball onto slow low mud
-batsman interacts or not with the ball
-mushfiqur screams AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
-rinse and repeat for every ball of the innings
:lol:

I actually strongly disagree with your overall point, but the end part of that post has earned my like regardless.

Flem274*

123/5
athlai i'm going to be happily working but then if nz bat first i'll hear echoing around hamilton from seddon park every ball...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

NZ post 450/1. McCullum hit wicket (laughing) 200

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
25% is far too much. This is our best looking ODI team ever. You'd expect Bangladesh to be 5-10% and I think I'm being more than fair there.
This ...There's no way Bang are anywhere close to 25% chance of beating this NZ side at home. Even forgetting about this particular NZ side & their form, have Bang ever beaten us in NZ?

5% sounds about right & the Afghans about 2%

Zinzan

Neither side worries me in the slightest...but the Afghans obviously have even less of a chance than Bangers

GGG

State Captain
This ...There's no way Bang are anywhere close to 25% chance of beating this NZ side at home. Even forgetting about this particular NZ side & their form, have Bang ever beaten us in NZ?

5% sounds about right & the Afghans about 2%
I believe the only game they have ever won is a 20/20 against a New Zealand Cricket XI which was pretty good team at the time.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
summarised thus:

-spin bowling allrounder bowls ordinary ball onto slow low mud
-batsman interacts or not with the ball
-mushfiqur screams AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
-rinse and repeat for every ball of the innings
If said allrounder is Shakib, Mushfiqur yells:

"Ballsack!"

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I believe the only game they have ever won is a 20/20 against a New Zealand Cricket XI which was pretty good team at the time.
I was at that game. Some 18 year old shunt called Southee opened the bowling and sent down 5 wide in an over. Dunno what happened to him.

Zinzan

Okay...so according to the ODI ratings predictor; if NZ beat Afghanstan they drop from 107 points down to 106 :ph34r:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I had a new thought. If we play our best team against afghan biscuits and beat them soundly I think we might lock in 1st place prior to the Bangers match.

Only scenario I can think of that would be take it away from us is if SL beat australia and then Bangers thrash us and hurt our net run rate but I think they would have to really thrash us as our NRR is quite strong.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Okay...so according to the ODI ratings predictor; if NZ beat Afghanstan they drop from 107 points down to 106 :ph34r:
Yeah this happens for any of the big differences. I think it may reverse when the "series" ends, which in this case is the World Cup. Because even winning 1-0 and not "winning" the "series" seems to affect the rankings.

It's weird.

Zinzan

I had a new thought. If we play our best team against afghan biscuits and beat them soundly I think we might lock in 1st place prior to the Bangers match.

Only scenario I can think of that would be take it away from us is if SL beat australia and then Bangers thrash us and hurt our net run rate but I think they would have to really thrash us as our NRR is quite strong.
Even if we lose to Bangers & Mash & SL do beat Australia, there's no realistic chance of SL overtaking our NRR, only a mathematical one.

They currently have a NRR of +0.12 vs. ours of + 3.58 and remember those numbers are based on 200 overs of both SL's batting & bowling.

Therefore even if they smash Australia by 20 overs & NZ get beaten by Bangs by 20 overs, they still won't make it up.

Last edited:

Zinzan

In fact Hurricane, just to give you an idea of just how impossible it is, I just did a hypothetical calculation based on SL restricting Aust to 200 and then chasing them in the 30th over...

In this scenario, SL's NRR would move from the current +0.12 to about +0.67 (vs. NZ +3.58).

Zinzan

Yeah this happens for any of the big differences. I think it may reverse when the "series" ends, which in this case is the World Cup. Because even winning 1-0 and not "winning" the "series" seems to affect the rankings.

It's weird.
Ah that makes sense (well doesn't make sense why they do it), but makes sense how the 1-0 series scoreline work.

GGG

State Captain
I think it comes down to head to head when two teams are on equal points i.e if NZ and SL are on equal points we would be ahead as we beat them. Remember this coming up in a previous world cup.