• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

6th Match - New Zealand v Scotland

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not ideal in terms of the number of wickets lost, but in NZ's defense, the points table cares about run-rate & not number of wickets lost.

They obviously wanted to finish it as quickly as possible rather than a slow 8 wicket win.

Zinzan

Rubbish batting from NZ. What was all that about not being complacent again?
Nah chill, it's not the first time a good sporting side loses concentration a tad against a slightly lesser team when faced with an easy task. Even the All Blacks do it at times.

And as I just mentioned, it was more important to compromise wickets a little to get the NRR up, even if it was 3-4 worse than ideal.

_Ed_

So now it's almost exactly 24 hours until the next game starts! That's ages. I want more now. Now, now, now.

World Cup addiction has set in.

anil1405

International Captain
Cricinfo shows fixed venues for QF but NZ would be playing their QF at home irrespective of where they finish right?

bill8164

School Boy/Girl Captain
Cricinfo shows fixed venues for QF but NZ would be playing their QF at home irrespective of where they finish right?
Absolutely, if NZ makes the quarter finals, they will be at Wellington. Just like if Australia makes it, they will be at Adelaide.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
All credit for this victory goes to hesson. If he had rested any of our top bowlers we may have lost this game net run rate explanation notwithstanding

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Should go the CricSim route and form a Celtic Nations side obviously.
This is my pet theory - it works for the West Indies or used to anyway before their decline. As well as the Celtic nations I would join several other countries together. It sounds fanciful and the logistics would have to be worked on but it the expansion to bangers and zimbos as individual nations hasn't worked so we should explore other options to grow the game globally.

I would expand test cricket to 12 teams as follows

Top eight teams
Ireland/Scotland
Bangladesh/Afghanistan
Zimbos/Kenya (if Kenya have anyone decent left)
Usa/Canada (most players would come from Canada and this would be the weakest team but we need to grow cricket in North america)

Burgey

What about Netherlands & Denmark joining with Scotland and Ireland to make a Western Europe-type team?