• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

6th Match - New Zealand v Scotland

Flem274*

123/5
You keep playing Milne and either catch him on that upward trend or are forced to drop him, which will not be the end of the world with McCleneghan in the wings.
Mills too. Would be 50/50 for me on who would suit slotting into Southee/Boult/Gap/Anderson. Mills was obv on my sheet before the tournament but we'd need to consider the balance of the attack too.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mills too. Would be 50/50 for me on who would suit slotting into Southee/Boult/Gap/Anderson. Mills was obv on my sheet before the tournament but we'd need to consider the balance of the attack too.
Out of interest, how would you rank Mills, Southee, Boult & Milne & McClenaghan with the bat 1 through 5?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Out of interest, how would you rank Mills, Southee, Boult & Milne & McClenaghan with the bat 1 through 5?
Boult and McClenaghan are 4 and 5. Mills > Southee. Milne is the hard one to rate because he looks the best but he hasn't really done much yet; could be anywhere between 1 and 3 really although I definitely think we'll look back at this comparison in a year or two and have Milne as a conclusive #1. He reminds me a bit of Brett Lee with the bat, but with more decisive footwork.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hard to believe that a month ago Elliott played one of the worst cricket innings ever.
That innings started a bit of a jinxy run I've had betting on players to top score.. they tend to either get up and win my bet for me, or play absolutely horrible innings since then.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Pommie and Smith explaining that Ellliott was picked over Neesham because of the cake:icing ratio in many more words than necessary.

Zinzan

Boult and McClenaghan are 4 and 5. Mills > Southee. Milne is the hard one to rate because he looks the best but he hasn't really done much yet; could be anywhere between 1 and 3 really although I definitely think we'll look back at this comparison in a year or two and have Milne as a conclusive #1. He reminds me a bit of Brett Lee with the bat, but with more decisive footwork.
Yeah, Milne has at least as much potential as the others & his movements when batting remind me of Lee as well, especially through mid-wicket leaning half-forward.

Boult > Mitch fairly comfortably though in terms of scoring runs, although Mitch hasn't got the worst defense ever.

bill8164

School Boy/Girl Captain
not smart at all, I have to say that was probably one of the worst dismissals I have seen from Williamson. Yikes!

Zinzan

Nah, Kane the ultimate team-man selflessly allowing the others in the middle order to knock off the last 30 runs ;)

MAD MAX

Cricket Spectator
You keep playing Milne and either catch him on that upward trend or are forced to drop him, which will not be the end of the world with McCleneghan in the wings.
Yeah its a good premise but mitch played south africa warmup. you have to see McClenaghan or Mills at some point because you dont want to end up in the oh **** milne might not be up to it lets hope one of these guys are good enough with no matches under there belt in the last three weeks/month