• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Match - New Zealand v Sri Lanka

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Just his 13th 50 from his last 17 innings. WAFG.
Looked off colour for the first half of this innings, but looks to be pacing things superbly here. Last I remember a NZ batsman master the one-day game in this manner was probably Roger Twose in that 2000-01 season.

EDIT: Bloody hell that was a good catch. Shame for Kane as he was looking ominous.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Wow. Jeevan Mendis, who'd have thought? 3 out 4 to him if you include the catch.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mendis to Williamson, OUT, and this is what Cricket World Cups are all about. Another promising batsman has to depart the Hagley as Lakmal has reignited this SL team with a fantastic running catch at cow corner after Williamson had lifted the bowler over that region. Puts in a dive to his right to complete the whole emsemble. Looked like one of the only ways to remove Kane, who has been in sparkling form of late

Good ol Lakmal.

Plot-twist.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I think the only concern is that he may have hit with the left hand which wasn't touching.

I think top hand still hit the other bail fast enough though.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Come on boys!!, great recovery from Sanga there after not taking the ball cleanly..hopefully we can apply pressure to the two new batsmen now...