• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand 2015

Mike5181

International Captain
Bit of both, I'm not 100% convinced we should pick Mills but I reckon the selectors will and it would be a good choice.
Southee and Mills basically have to be locks now. Milne should be the last picked because he's a bit too injury-prone, and if he went down during a game - that'd be us. It comes down to Boult vs Mitch for the third seamer spot then. The latter has a ten times better record, but I just can't convince myself to rate him. Boult for me.

MAD MAX

Cricket Spectator
Southee and Mills basically have to be locks now. Milne should be the last picked because he's a bit too injury-prone, and if he went down during a game - that'd be us. It comes down to Boult vs Mitch for the third seamer spot then. The latter has a ten times better record, but I just can't convince myself to rate him. Boult for me.
I think realistically the next game against pak we need to pick our strongest team whatever that may be

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If they really thought Milne was that injury-prone or carrying a serious niggle, they'd replace him with Henry at the drop of a hat. Milne > Mitch for me in the last 12 months (which counts for a lot).

The real question is if they're sticking with Mills upfront, whether Boult > Milne at 1st-change.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Man.. where was this Grant Elliot guy hiding.. he's like the missing piece for NZ.
Bit of a form player at international level, also doesn't travel too well outside of SA,NZ,AU. He has given us a few good years in the past, and it looks like he is here to give us another.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'm getting a bit excited that the stars are aligning for my lineup here.

Old Man River succeeding, Guptill getting catches with rain in the air (aka will top score). Things are looking up for Affly

Zinzan

Here's hoping Hendrix's concession the other day has an anti-jinx effect on Latham.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Commentators are full of it.

Baz was thinking to himself, "**** Guptill is scoring quickly, they're serving righteous pies. Better smash everything"

Shortodds

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Interesting thing about NZs best possible bowling line up is its hard to pick a bad combination. Whats the worst attack you could pick? Boult/McClanaghan/Mills/McCullum/Anderson? Still Back that as an excellent ODI attack.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Interesting thing about NZs best possible bowling line up is its hard to pick a bad combination. Whats the worst attack you could pick? Boult/McClanaghan/Mills/McCullum/Anderson? Still Back that as an excellent ODI attack.
Yeah it's possible our best attack should see Southee only get 3-4 overs with the new ball.

How does

Southee till 6th/8th over
Mills till he collapses
Boult 6th/8th to 16th/20th

sound?

Would back that. Two new balls means that Boult could still swing it at that point.

Zinzan

Oh sheesh, c'arn Latham.

That was a difficult over to watch.
That last one was a brute of a delivery tbf. Boy this Irfan guy's dangerous when he hit's the right length. I'd suggest many a batsman would have struggled vs. that.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Looks like the bowlers did a terrific job, though the Pakistani batting (based on recent performance) is a bit of a step down from the Lankan one.

Not sure how I feel about this start here. Guptill and Latham need all the time they can get out in the middle so a good chance for them, but Baz seems to have reverted to reckless slogger mode in the last few games.