• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official**** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2014/2015

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
What are your opinions on Milne? I was quite excited by a 19 year old who could bowl 150kph. A few years later he is now almost a regular in the NZ ODI squad yet he is averaging 50 with the ball. Also his pace has dropped off a bit and he has not developed as a bowler. I don't think he's doing enough with the ball to be a threat at the top level.

Pace isn't everything. Mohammed Sami is one bowler who comes to mind. He could bowl 150kph but got plundered for runs cos all he did was bowl fast. I think Milne is heading the same way.
On Milne, his numbers this year have been as good as any of our bowlers not named Henry, and in particular his econ rate (at about 4.8) is excellent for a fast bowler. His seam release is significantly improved and he's generating some swing when conditions suit. He's not the finished article, but then that's not surprising given how many injury problems he's had over the last couple of years.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I reckon this is the lineup NZ will start with the WC with. I don't necessarily think it's their best lineup but I think it's what they'll go with.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
I reckon this is the lineup NZ will start with the WC with. I don't necessarily think it's their best lineup but I think it's what they'll go with.
I'd still have Henry ahead of Milne. Also I want to see Mills get a run or two. He is very effective in NZ conditions.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I was just thinking that.

I like it tbh. Not completely conviced about McC and Milne but ill take it.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Re:Southee LBW

I looked at that and thought not out since could see both middle and off. Hawkeye said it was going to hit leg. Go figure.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Weird and quite pathetic confession - I had a dream last night that Karunaratne got to #1 on cricrate's ODI rankings and everyone on here was arguing about whether it was justified or not.

As such I had $15 on him to top score today. :laugh:

Last edited:

viriya

International Captain
I wonder when the SL selectors will realize a ton in Tests doesn't mean you're supposed to be picked automatically to open in ODIs for a WC... probably not before it's too late.