• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official**** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2014/2015

Moss

International Vice-Captain
It's pretty sad to think back to that West Indies series just over a year ago when he was DOMINATING, just after he'd done all that work with Martin Crowe, and now his stance is all mucked up and he looks very tentative. Seems like a long time ago that he made that 100 and the 80 odd in the Pakistan ODIs.

As for Guptill, footwork was never his strong point but right now it's almost non existent.
I thought Guptill put in a lot of work with Martin Crowe during the off-season? He's turning into NZ's Suresh Raina only without the luxury of a middle order slot and an IPL contract.

Taylor's century in the Dubai test led me to believe he was having a loss of form and would bat his way out of it. Would really like to hear the explanation of why he thought changing things around was even necessary.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
team sounds like:

Guptill
McCullum
Williamson
Taylor
Elliott
Anderson
Ronchi
Vettori
Milne
McCleneghan
Boult

hmmm.

Batting lineup good. the bowling will be interesting.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
What are your opinions on Milne? I was quite excited by a 19 year old who could bowl 150kph. A few years later he is now almost a regular in the NZ ODI squad yet he is averaging 50 with the ball. Also his pace has dropped off a bit and he has not developed as a bowler. I don't think he's doing enough with the ball to be a threat at the top level.

Pace isn't everything. Mohammed Sami is one bowler who comes to mind. He could bowl 150kph but got plundered for runs cos all he did was bowl fast. I think Milne is heading the same way.

BigBrother

U19 12th Man
Noone cares who wins this series. We need to give Latham and Elliott as much game time as possible anyway as they're our weak points right now.
Totally disagree. This is being billed as NZ's best chance ever to win the WC by many. It would hurt their morale quite a bit If they lose to SL of all teams in their conditions right before WC. Certainly when you consider they haven't looked convincing so far.

Last edited:

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Totally disagree. This is being billed by many as NZ's best chance to win the WC ever. It would hurt their morale quite a bit If they lose to SL of all teams in these conditions right before WC. Certainly when you consider they haven't looked convincing so far.
I'm 50/50 on this. I think if the score was say 5 - 1 to SL then we'd be worried but if it was closer 3 - 3 or even 4 - 2 (with some close losses) then we wouldn't be too worried.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
What are your opinions on Milne? I was quite excited by a 19 year old who could bowl 150kph. A few years later he is now almost a regular in the NZ ODI squad yet he is averaging 50 with the ball. Also his pace has dropped off a bit and he has not developed as a bowler. I don't think he's doing enough with the ball to be a threat at the top level.

Pace isn't everything. Mohammed Sami is one bowler who comes to mind. He could bowl 150kph but got plundered for runs cos all he did was bowl fast. I think Milne is heading the same way.
His pace hasn't dropped off, he was always 145ish. That was a rather generous speed gun where he hit 150. Anyway, he's showing an ability to move the ball and bowl to plans, I'll be surprised if consistent wickets don't follow soon.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
His pace hasn't dropped off, he was always 145ish. That was a rather generous speed gun where he hit 150. Anyway, he's showing an ability to move the ball and bowl to plans, I'll be surprised if consistent wickets don't follow soon.
Generous speed gun?! He's clocked 150kph both in NZ and overseas so don't know what you're going on about.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Totally disagree. This is being billed as NZ's best chance ever to win the WC by many. It would hurt their morale quite a bit If they lose to SL of all teams in their conditions right before WC. Certainly when you consider they haven't looked convincing so far.
NZ hasn't played its best team all series. I don't think their morale is at risk, tbh. They just want to give Milne, Latham etc some confidence.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
The only time I've watched him consistently hitting 150kph was in the game where Mills was brushing the late 130s.
He was regularly 150+ in the UAE, where Henry was 138-145 (i.e. same as now), and Mitch was all over the shop between 125 and 145 (i.e. same as now). Believe it or not, Milne just is that quick when in good rythym.