• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome to Cricket Web - Cricket Chat

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Welcome to the forum Dohni_183 :)

I think it would be fair to say that MSD is not massively rated on this forum by the majority, but if he is someone that you admire above others that's entirely your prerogative and I'm sure a few nah sayers are not going to change your opinion. I would advise though (if I may) that you don't get so sensitive about a bit of ribbing. Often there is a fine line between banter and troll posts and you are bound to encounter both here...........this is a fun place and there is lots of piss taking amongst the members. Best to at least suss out the characters before you label them IMO (although you're probably on the money with sledger tbf:p)
This Dhoni_183* guy seem an erudite and brilliant poster, going by your quotes, TBF......

Dhoni_183*

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hey Dhoni_183*, welcome to CW and the forum.

You will soon come to realize that posters here generally like to talk about test cricket, and if you see a general statement being made about a player, it will usually be with regards to his test career. ODI and T20s are also discussed, but are generally specified as such.

This sometimes leads to opinions on players such as Dhoni being rather underwhelming because his record in tests (in all the roles of captain, wicket-keeper, and batsman) hasn't been as great as that in the ODIs.

But you should carry on, and if you happen to change your mind at all on this (if it so happens), you can always ask the moderators to change your username :)
Thank you for the heads up. I don't think I'll change my name! I am a big lover of tests and odi cricket, t20 not as much.

Welcome to the forum Dohni_183 :)

I think it would be fair to say that MSD is not massively rated on this forum by the majority, but if he is someone that you admire above others that's entirely your prerogative and I'm sure a few nah sayers are not going to change your opinion. I would advise though (if I may) that you don't get so sensitive about a bit of ribbing. Often there is a fine line between banter and troll posts and you are bound to encounter both here...........this is a fun place and there is lots of piss taking amongst the members. Best to at least suss out the characters before you label them IMO (although you're probably on the money with sledger tbf:p)
Hi Adders. Yes you are right, I shouldn't have been quick to react but it did feel a bit strange what they wrote in my welcome post. If they had added "you're welcome" or something similar I wouldn't have mentioned it. Anyway, it's on my signature now, quite handy to not repeat one self. As you say, forums are all about having fun within limits so that's the plan. Thanks for the message! Yes I admire Dhoni, he left a big impression on me. As much as I like the golden quartet of Ganguly, Laxman, Tendulkar and Dravid - I feel Dhoni exceeded that with his overall presence.

Last edited:

Bleed_Blue

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hi all

I also joined today, I didn't think it would be appropriate to also start a thread so I thought I would tag in here.

Looking forward to some good debates on here with you all!

As for Dhoni.. Don't hate appreciate :)

Spark

Global Moderator
Welcome both of you.

Oh, and just so we get it out of the way as soon as possible: if in doubt, it's about Tests exclusively.

Bleed_Blue

School Boy/Girl Captain
Welcome both of you.

Oh, and just so we get it out of the way as soon as possible: if in doubt, it's about Tests exclusively.
Thanks for the welcome, to be honest I am not really a fan of Test Cricket at all, although I so wish India well of course and I will tune in for a bit of entertainment if there is nothing else on the box. I am aware however that Dhoni in Tests averages close to 40 which is sensational for a Keeper.

I have always regarded ODIs as the pinnacle of our sport and I look forward to seeing you all in the triangular series thread. T20 is great fun as well and I love following it, but nothing beats ODI for me.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Thanks for the welcome, to be honest I am not really a fan of Test Cricket at all, although I so wish India well of course and I will tune in for a bit of entertainment if there is nothing else on the box. I am aware however that Dhoni in Tests averages close to 40 which is sensational for a Keeper.

I have always regarded ODIs as the pinnacle of our sport and I look forward to seeing you all in the triangular series thread. T20 is great fun as well and I love following it, but nothing beats ODI for me.
Enjoy your short stay over here :) :ph34r:

scooter185

Cricket Spectator
Welcome!

As you can tell by my post count vs my registration date I'm more of a lurker than a poster lol. But I will throw my hat into the Test vs ODI vs T20 ring and say that I enjoy all 3 formats.

andmark

International Captain
Welcome!

As you can tell by my post count vs my registration date I'm more of a lurker than a poster lol. But I will throw my hat into the Test vs ODI vs T20 ring and say that I enjoy all 3 formats.
Yeah, I think we sometimes get to bogged down with "which is the best format" and could do well just to try to enjoy good cricket.

scooter185

Cricket Spectator
What a tootblan.
:P

Yeah, I think we sometimes get to bogged down with "which is the best format" and could do well just to try to enjoy good cricket.
I've only been following the sport for a little over a year now, so I came in with a clean slate as far as feelings towards a certain format go. Each format has it's merits, not unlike all the different forms of auto racing.